Teeth h.s

Tightening my death grip on the leather steering wheel of my crappy car, I struggled to see through the thick snow clinging tightly to the windshield.

Turning down the radio which was blaring the Arctic Monkey's loudly, I gently alternated before pressing lightly on the gas and stomping down hard on the break.

I felt like I'd been on the road for hours. It had been light when I left, however the sun had sunken out of sight behind the narrow, twisting dirt road.

There were a whole lot of places I would have rather been, curled up in my bed reading a book topping that list. But I was stuck at work instead, well, working. I would have even taken work over my tiny car which slid on the ice, didn't puff out nearly enough warm air and now smelled like pizza.

I hated pizza.

I didn't always, I used to love the stuff, however after spending every weekday from three until closing and every weekend making and delivering pizza's it would be just fine with me if I never had to eat the disgusting stuff again.

Urging my car along, I glanced over my shoulder, my heart dropping down to my stomach at the sight of the hill sprawling behind me. Giving a heavy stomp to the gas, I struggled for a moment, barely moving before finally passing over the hump and stopping at the top of the hill.

Putting the car into park, I removed my gloves and rubbing my hands together blew on my frigid fingertips trying and failing to warm them from the below zero arctic temperatures.

Glancing over my shoulder once again to make sure on cars were coming, I reached into my pocket and pulling out my phone sighed at the long string of texts from my Mom, all asking variations of the same question.

'Where are you.'

Sliding my phone unlocked with trembling fingertips, I typed a hasty reply, before returning my phone to my pocket once again and slipping on my gloves.

Putting the car back in gear I took a deep breath before starting down the hill. It was slow going at first, as I struggled to get my vehicle moving, however after some time, I must have spun enough snow out from beneath my tires to move forward because I began rocketing downward and a breakneck speed.

Crying out I stomped on the break however it was no use, back and forth I slid as I hurtled down the hill and breakneck speed. Realizing that I had lost all control, I closed my eyes, gripping the steering wheel tightly and waited for impact.

After what felt like an eternity I came to an abrupt stop as I slammed in to something. My forehead bouncing off of my steering wheel and my seatbelt nearly strangling me, I opened my eyes and looked around in terror, my heart sinking at the extent of the damage.

My hood, which was crumpled like a coke can, oozed smoke, which wrapped effortlessly around the wrote iron gate into which I had crashed.

Cursing my lock for crashing into a gate which undoubtedly cost more than my house and my neighbors houses combined, I unbuckled my seatbelt and clamored out of my car, falling to my hands and knees in the snow.

"Shit." I whispered, pulling my beanie further down over my blonde ponytail.

Reaching into my pocket I pulled out my phone, and my heart sank finding the hunk of technology ruined, the glass shattered and the metal so severally misshapen it was borderline unrecognizable.

Letting the phone fall from my fingertips I dropped it in the red splattered snow. Confused as to where the crimson droplets were coming from, I looked myself over, realizing for the first time that I was injured.

I didn't feel hurt, however blood was spilling rapidly from a large gash in my leg and dripping down from somewhere above my eyebrow.

Looking back at the car my eyes widened at the broken glass littering my seat and the floor. Walking around to the front of the smoking vehicle I winced at the sight of the shattered windshield.