Chapter 6 - Big changes

Everything happened all at once then my long black hair seemed to retract and spread across my body. My ears moved to the top of my head changing shape as they went. My nose and mouth seemed to move outwards into some sort of muzzle and my teeth grew into large canines as long white whiskers spread across my now fury black cheeks. This, whatever this was, was spreading around my body scaring me even more adding adrenaline into my blood stream. I put my hands on my face feeling the fur making me cringe. I forgot all about who grabbed me as I fell to the woodland floor twitching and shaking.

I quickly moved my hands away from my face, because my nails grew longer and my fingers retracted into paws. It felt like my insides were twisting and moving. I let out a scream which came out sounding like an injured animal rather than a regular scream.

My limbs and body changed shape as my bones moved round making crunching and popping noises as they moved. My feet grew longer and thinner tearing my flats to pieces in the process as they changed to look like hind legs.

By this time I’d managed to pick myself up a bit. But then I lost my balance again as my jeans began to get unbearably tight. I clawed at them panicked and ripped them to find a long sleek tail.

I got up still shaking, standing in the pile of tatters that were once my clothes. And when I say stood I mean all fours. I looked at myself chasing myself in a small circle as confusion set in.

I looked around to find help. When low and behold there, leaning against a tree casually as if he hadn’t gone missing at all was Luther, the same cheeky grin plastered on his face. I slumped down into a sitting position and cocked my head to the side. I was about to come up with a question, when he spoke.

“Don’t bother I won’t be able to understand you yet until you learn how to control yourself. You can lecture me and ask me things later but right now we’ve got to get you to calm down and get you to Susan ASAP.” he said in a calm voice.

I tried to ask endless amounts of questions but it came out as a growling snarling mess.

“I told you so” he said as he rolled his eyes

“you never did listen to me much did you? Ah well alright, concentrate really hard on one question and ill try answer it but be careful about your choice because it’ll hurt your head too much if you ask too much right away so lets keep it at one.”

I pondered for a while and spoke my question in my head looking directly at him.

“awww you could’ve picked a way better question than that you could’ve asked me where I keep my good stash of sugary snacks not the cheap decoys you always take but anyway you’re a shape shifter; and that was your first shift, which is about right since you’re not eighteen. Your soul animal is a black jaguar which is really annoying because your soul animal is way cooler than mine. I mean seriously I'm a golden retriever” he replied in a hurried tone.

But I couldn’t hear him my mind had stopped working when he said shifter and jaguar. I looked down and examined myself again more closely. I couldn’t help it. I was still freaked out; but I was at ease and growing calmer at the same time because I was so happy to see my best friend, my only friend. I pounced on him, causing him to stagger back wards and fall over, and nudged his torso.

“I missed you too; but only a little. I was only gone about 2 months.” He saw confusion flash over my face and continued.

“I got a job being one of the protectors of the orphanage.” Again confusion washed over my face. He sighed and rolled his eyes as he muttered ‘newbies’ under his breath.

“I have been pretending to be Lou the golden retriever to help protect the orphanage from harm because the humans in the village are scared of us and the kings are worried about the wellbeing of the residents in the orphanage.”

I gasped, he had been here the whole time and he never told me!?

I growled under my breath still towering over him, while he was on his back in amongst the pine needles. He groaned in pain. I looked down and realised I had ripped his shirt scratching him slightly with my claws I stepped off him sheepishly and gave him an apologetic look. He nodded with understanding.

 “It’s alright” he said with a grin “we can heal as quickly as we want.”

I looked down to see the smooth clear skin where my parallel claw marks had been. Being with Luther again had made me more relaxed and without realising it I began to change back face first moving downwards again accept this time it wasn’t painful so I didn’t notice. While that was happening Luther took his shirt off and my eyes nearly bogged out of my head.

”Luther what the Hell do you think you’re doing!” I yelled. He threw the shirt at my feet and told me to put it on as he turned around. I was puzzled for a second before I noticed I was human again. I pulled the shirt over my head. It ended halfway down my thigh. I looked up again to tell Luther to turn around when I realised he’d seen me naked! My mouth dropped open and my eyes widened in shock. At least he didn’t look I thought. I turned around to stare at the shredded pile of material that was once my clothes and groaned. Luther was at my side in an instant asking me what was wrong.

My reply was as follows: “Those were my favourite pair of jeans.” Luther groaned and put his face in his hand, shaking his head he knelt down and salvaged my phone from the tatters.

“Come on Freddi we’ve got to go see Susan, now so she knows what’s happened” Luther told me.

“Susan?” I asked questioningly.

He chuckled “I forgot you still have to call her Miss Charlottson”

“Ah” was my reply as I didn’t feel like talking much, I was still soaking all this new information up. It was like some kind of twisted fairy tale, except I don’t think I can be saved from being a shifter, just the word shifter sent quivers down my spine. He grabbed my hand and began to tow me forwards, towards the Orphanage. I staggered forwards after him feeling the spongy pine needles and mud on the soles of my feet. I was too dazed to notice the person sitting in the bushes...

~~~

Alright so what do you guys think?

The reason this chapter is dedicated to silverxoxoxo is because she managed to guess who it was and she guessed what was up with Lou which totally shocked me I guess I'm not good at twists then :p

ps technically I didn't lie to you on your message bored silverxoxoxo I just told you what the story did because I'm sneaky :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Competition*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

First person to tell me 3 correct differences between a leopard and jaguar get the next chapter dedicated to them :D I just thought I'd get that cleared up since both Jaguars and leopards can be black they're usually referred to as panthers but I figured you might want to know what sort of panther she was

Vote -but only if you want to

Comment - I'd love to hear your thoughts like what do you think of Luther?

Fan