Chapter 8 -A few answers

I was going to post sooner but I was ill but I'm all better now so here you go :)

~~~

We reached the front door of a huge house, but then again I guess everything looks bigger when you’re the size of a cat. That’s probably the reason why I didn’t recognise where I was, until someone answered the door to Luther’s barking. Trish opened the door and burst out laughing.

“Hey Bonbon the dog you imprinted on is back and he’s bought you a present.”

I felt Luther stiffen behind me, he dropped me and ran. I hissed loudly at Luther and was about to run after him and ask what the hell was going on when I was grabbed from above.

“We’re more dog people than cat people but I can’t leave a pretty kitty like you outside when you’re soaking wet.” Trish cooed.

She took me through into the living room, then took my collar off and put it to the side to dry, since it had gotten wet from my fur.

“Now you stay here while I go get some towels to dry you off. Hey Bonbon is there any tuna in the fridge?” she got up and started walking out the room. I took this as an opportunity so I ran off trying to find where the door was, when I bumped into Lumina who also picked me up.

What is it with all these people picking me up? I'm not some kind of pet... well I guess I am at the moment but still it feels kind of degrading.

“Gary, when did we get a cat?”

“We didn’t love why?”

“Because I’ve just found a little black kitty.”

“What!? Everyone get in the living room now!”

Lumina took me back in the living room where we met up with Gary, Jesse, Bonbon and Trish holding a towel.

“Who let this cat in?” Gary picked me up roughly by the scruff of my neck, I hissed out loud at Gary, who dropped me in surprise. I landed on all fours on Jesse’s lap he automatically relaxed.

Gary continued his speech “This cat is black, this means it may be a familiar, which means it’s a spy from the witches. You all know what they’re like they are connected with the vampires and the other shifter kingdom. Remember we joined forces with King Xavier not Arthur because they’re joined with those filthy blood suckers.” Jesse began to pet me and I couldn’t help but lean closer to him and purr.

“Hey Trish pass me that towel.” Jesse muttered quietly so Gary couldn’t hear. Trish passed it to him and he began drying me while Gary continued talking. I wasn’t listening I was too busy enjoying the attention, that turned out to be a mistake.

I relaxed too much and turned back into mermaid form, still damp. I didn’t even realise right away because my eyes were shut. I heard gasps and I opened my eyes. Everything had reverted back to normal size and my tail, fins and bikini top were back in all their shining multicoloured glory. I was still sat on Jesse’s lap, he had wrapped his arms around my waist so I wouldn’t fall off and unlike the others he was still relaxed.

“Ha we knew she was different! Pay up the cookies Gary.” Trish and Bonbon chorused.