Chapter 13 - AJ

• Dedicated to everyone who has voted or commented on this :)

“How do you know Lumina?” I faced Luther as we kept walking further into the woods now.

“She’s an acquaintance I met at a ball the other night in Xavier’s kingdom. We only met briefly she was waiting for her mate to come back with some drinks.” he sighed.

“I just wish I followed you to that party instead, it sounds way better than a stupid ball.” he huffed. I laughed

“You’re just saying that because Ebony was there.” when Ebony’s name left my mouth Luther turned to me with a goofy smile on his lips and his eyes flashed a deep pink and red colour.

“That reminds me see ya.” He quickly ran back in the direction we’d come from. I laughed shaking my head he’s gone to see Ebony again already.

The sun was beginning to set when I remembered my hart. Even though I’m quicker now I’ll never be there on time what if he left because I was late? Wait what am I saying? he probably didn’t even understand what I said. I feel torn up if I go and he’s not there I look like a fool but if he is there then it means that my shifter abilities let me talk to animals which would be so ultimately cool, even if he doesn’t speak back.

Well the only way I was going to get there now is if I shift which means no clothes and I’m a panther and I’m pretty sure my hart would freak if I showed up looking like a panther. If I was a deer and a big carnivore jumped out the forest I’d run like mad.

I ran back to the orphanage and swapped Jesse’s shirt for my own shirt and jeans I ran out yelling bye to Susan and ran straight into the bushes. I stripped not wanting to wreck my clothes then put them in a satchel I bought with me. Now was the tricky part I had to shift into something quick that wouldn’t make a stag freak but it had to be big and strong enough to carry a satchel. Man I am so stupid I should shift into a deer dang I’m so stupid sometimes.

I began thinking of the hart and remember the shape of his body and his stance and imagining myself looking like that. I feel myself moving and changing form. I get up and grab the strap of my bag in my mouth and hang it on a tree then I put my head through the strap so it’s around my neck. I run as fast as I can, my hooves made thumping noises on the soft spongy floor.

I reach my tree tired and slump next to it slightly out of breath. I was laid on the floor beneath my tree. I still need to revert back into a human so I get up and walk over to some nearby bushes, change back and pull my clothes on. I sat under my tree and began doodling in my sketch pad waiting for the hart.

Seconds later I hear rustling and yet again my hart emerges alone again and stands in front of me. I can’t help the smile that goes across my face.

“You came.” he bobs his head up and down like he’s nodding. I can’t help it I run over to him and wrap my arms around his warm furry neck he seemed startled at first but then he lowered his head on my shoulder.

We broke apart and I brushed my hand over his smooth sleek fur. Clumps of fur stuck up between my fingers I was amazed at how pure white it was. He stepped back and dropped his head to my level with his antlers going over my shoulders and he was looking at my eyes just watching them like he was waiting for something to happen. I watched him, watching me his stare was gentle so I returned it looking at my hart’s grey and red eyes.

I had to stop this it was getting weird so I stepped back and picked up my sketch pad.

“May I?” I ask him gesturing at my pad. Yet again he nods his head and I begin drawing; my pencil flew across the paper as my gaze swapped between my stag and the page. The pencils swiped at the paper making smooth lines that began to come together and look like fur.