FIVE

~*~*~*~*~
R A P U N Z E L
~*~*~*~*~

Honestly, I hate close-minded people.

And, unfortunately, I seem to be stuck with them.

Well, maybe not Hic.

Hic and I are sitting on the floor of my room, which is painted with a bunch of golden Suns.

"Jack and Mer are being so close-minded about Elsa!" I'm complaining, "They should give her a chance!"

"Yeah," Hic sighs, "but we both know how stubborn they can be. I doubt they'll be anything but cold to Elsa."

I smile weakly. "Especially Jack."

Hic smiles back. "Especially Jack."

"But, wait," I say, thinking, "We don't know what Elsa can do. Like, Jack can control snow and ice, Mer can fire arrows with astounding accuracy, you can tame dragons, and I can heal people with my hair, but what are Elsa's powers or talents?"

"Well," Hic replies, "Elsa was wearing armor when she came here. Was she a soldier?"

I look quizzically at Hic. "Women can be soldiers?" I ask. The Four Select - Five Select - have been on many missions before, but Mer and I have always had to dress up like men to fight in wars.

"I think," Hic responds, furrowing his eyebrows, "I have this faint memory of a woman fighting in a war with me. I don't know."

"You remember something?" I exclaim, my eyes wide as saucers, "Hic, do you know how amazing this is? You remember something!" I'm squealing now, dancing around my room, twirling around many golden Suns.

"Don't get too excited, Punzie," Hic rubs the back of his neck, "It's probably just wishful thinking."

I pull Hic up off the ground. "Oh, but what if it's not?" I spin Hic around, singing, "You remember something! You remember something!"

Hic smiles shyly, a bright red blush heating up his face.

"Let's tell Mer and Jack!" I insist, dancing out of my room and pulling Hic with me.

"Aren't we mad at them?" Hic asks, faintly confused.

I turn towards Hic. "Anger passes! Let's tell our friends about your memory!" I squeal, leaping down the hallway towards Jack's room.

"Jaaaaack!" I sing to the wooden door, "I need to tell you something!"

The door swings open, revealing a confused Jack. "Don't you, like, hate me?"

I nod, grinning.

"So...why are you smiling?"

"Because, Hic remembers something!" I squeal, "Isn't this great?"

"Wait, Hic has a memory?" Jack's eyes widen, "Dude! That's so cool!"

"I'm going to get Mer!" I say, "Be right back."

"MERRRR!" I yell, running down the hallway, "COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM!"

"Why? Do you hate sleep?" Mer's muffled voice asks, annoyed.

"Yes! I hate sleep! Now come out of your room, I need to tell you something!"

"Okay, okay," Mer grumbles, and her door opens. "What-"

Before Mer can finish her question, I grab her hand and literally leap down the hall.

"Hic remembers something!" I squeal once Mer and I make it to Jack's room.

"WHAT?" Jack and Mer shout at the same time.

"Tell 'em, Hic!" I insist.

"Uh," Hic says, "Punzie is making mountains out of molehills here. It's just a hazy image-"

"WHICH COUNTS AS A MEMORY!" I intervene, "Right?"

Jack nods vigorously, while Mer says, "Yep, definitely."

"I just remember a woman fighting in battle, that's all."

"THAT'S ALL?" Mer yells, "Hic, that's a MEMORY!"

"THIS. IS. AWESOME," Jack says, "You remembered something!"

"Honestly, it might not even be a memory. I might just be thinking of a dream I had, or a scene from a book," Hic says, like he wants to discourage us.

"It's a memory. IT. IS. A. MEMORY," I insist.

"What's all this racket?" Elsa's bedroom door opens revealing the new arrival.

Mer sends Elsa a scowl. "Nothing you'd want to know."

Elsa scowls right back at Mer. "I'm sorry," she says, sounding formal yet dangerous, if that makes sense, "but I think I can decide whether or not I'd like to know something, considering you barely know me."

The tension in the air is so thick, it's hard to breathe. It's obvious that Mer and Elsa are both very dangerous, and I cannot imagine what would happen if a fight between them sparked. And, honestly, I do not want to find out.

"Let's not get angry," I say nervously, stepping in between Elsa and Mer, "We do not want anything rash to happen."

"Would getting rid of Elsa count as rash?" Mer snarls, "Because I do not think it does."

"Oh? I am the one who should be rid of?" Elsa retorts, stepping closer to Mer. I'm the only thing in between the two glaring people.

"What're you gonna do about the fact that everyone here hates ya?" Mer asks Elsa.

Elsa opens her mouth to make a comeback, but I push the two away.

"We should really get some sleep!" I say, "We could have to do something emotionally and physically tasking that we need sleep for, right Hic?"

Hic nods in agreement. "Right, right," he says, "Not to mention that we might have to do something mentally tasking in the next twenty-four hours that requires rest."

Mer is still glaring when Elsa says, "Yes, right, we should all sleep. And not lose our composure." And with that, Elsa dashes to her room.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Merida is a downright jerk and so far she's the most fun to write. - Unicornpig/Reg🐷🌈