THIRTEEN

~*~*~*~*~
R A P U N Z E L
~*~*~*~*~

I hear a scream come from the Globe Room, followed by a crash.

"What was that?" Mer yells.

"I don't know," Jack replies, "How would any of us know?"

Mer glares at Jack. "It was a freaking rhetorical question, you dumba-" Hic clears his throat.

"Guys," Hic says, "I don't think that now is the time to fight."

"You're right," Bunny says, scowling at Jack and Mer, but there's a slight fear in his eyes, "We'd better figure out what happened."

I push open the doors to the Globe Room, where I see...ice. Everywhere.

And, right in the middle of all of the ice, there's Elsa.

She's passed out, but that's not the first thing I notice about her.

"How the heck did she change her clothes?" I ask nobody.

"Well," Mer glares at Jack, who've followed me into the Globe Room, along with everyone else, "I wouldn't know."

Jack opens his mouth to retort, but Tooth cuts them off. "No fighting!" she snaps.

North walks over to me, looks down at Elsa, feels for her pulse, and turns to the rest of the Guardians and the Select.

"She is alive," North declares, "but unconscious."

Met rolls her eyes, "You don't say."

North ignores Mer and continues to talk. "There are no signs of Pitch, which means that Elsa, somehow, drove him away," North says, "We must ask her what happened when she wakes up."

"As if we weren't going to already," Jack points out.

"That was unnecessary," Hic says in a small voice.

"Yeah," I agree, moving over to Hic, "Let's stop fighting and find out what's happened here."

~*~*~*~*~

"Wait...what happened?"

Everyone is sitting around in the Dining Room, all eyes trained on Elsa.

"I have told you," Elsa lets out an exasperated sigh and tiredly runs a hand through her messy braid, "I simply drove Pitch away. With the help of a curse."

"I'm still not getting this at all," Mer shakes her head, hopelessly confused, "How did you even change clothes? Why? Is it some kind of symbolism?"

Elsa looks exhausted, but she still keeps her composure. Kinda like a queen would.

"It is one of the blessings of my curse," Elsa explains, "I can...make clothing."

A question mark appears over Sandy's head, a baffled look spreading across his golden face.

"Sandy is confused," North translates, although I doubt he needs to.

"How does a curse come with a blessing?" I ask. Usually, I can understand things pretty well, but Elsa is really confusing. It's like, one moment you can almost read her thoughts, and then the next, she's a puzzle with a bunch of missing pieces.

Elsa's head gives a tiny shake. "It is rather complicated," her words are chosen very carefully, sounding inhumanly robotic, astonishingly practiced.

"But like...how complicated?" I push on, only wanting answers. I don't remember that much, - okay, I don't remember anything - but I do remember that all of my life, I had been deprived of answers. This only makes me want answers even more.

"How can complications be measured?" a hint of curiosity is in Elsa's voice, like she's actually wondering how complications can be measured. I wonder what her life was like before she died, and became one of the Select.

"Well, I guess they can't really be measured. But, like, is this whole 'curse and blessing' thing super complicated, or just a teensy bit complicated?" I ask.

"More than super complicated, I suppose."

"Oh."

Nobody knows what to say after that.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: AHHH IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I LAST UPDATED! I'M SO SORRY GUYS! I feel really bad. :( -Unicornpig/Reg🐷🌈