Chapter 1

Third Person POV

In Ente Isla

Lakshmi's paws thunder against the ground as she runs with her pack. Lakshmi is from the Thunderstorm pack on the island in the East. Her pack is hunting for food, or demons that venture into their territory. She sniffs the ground and the air, then her Alpha, or her father, looks at her to give him a direction to where the food or creatures might be. Lakshmi is the best tracker in her pack and everyone knows it but today, she smells nothing except plants and trees.

Lakshmi paws at the ground in frustration and her brother, Daichi, nudges her to give consolation, but they both knew how short-tempered their father was. He growls angrily at Lakshmi and she tries her best to appear unaffected while he emits his Alpha aura. Her mother, the Luna, comes to her rescue and gently rubs her head against his to calm him down. He huffs in defeat and he says telepathically, "We shall go back to the rest of the pack. We're going to move territories to find food or the pack will starve."

Lakshmi wants to protest but she knew her father wasn't going to change his mind and they follow him back to the pack. She hates it when they traveled to new places with creatures, plants, or demons even though they were train to protect themselves when in a fight with one. Lakshmi said to her brother, Daichi, "I'm going to miss this place."

Daichi sighs and press up against her while they are walking. She gets the message he was sending her because like Lakshmi, they grew together in this part of the forest. "This got to be the worst day of my life and just because I couldn't find something for the pack to eat", Lakshmi thought frustrated. She felt useless not being able to help feed her pack. Then she heard her father howl sorrowfully and she knew something was wrong, terribly wrong.

Lakshmi freezes in horror as she saw the rest of the pack, dead, and Daichi runs to each one of them to find signs of life. She wanted to yell at him to leave them alone but nothing came out. Lakshmi shifts back into her human form unconsciously but she couldn't support her weight and she falls to her knees. She felt numb and empty as she stares at her pack member's dead bodies. Then they hear someone say, "It's ridiculous to mourn over dead bodies. They were weak even as they were dying."

They look up to see Alciel, one of the generals that is under command of Satan, the Demon King. Daichi immediately runs to Lakshmi's side and stands in front of her to keep her out of sight. It's sacred tradition to not let anyone see your human form unless it's family or your mate. Lakshmi's mother said to her desperately, "Lakshmi, please shift back. I don't want this thing to see how beautiful you are."

She slowly did what she was told and got out from her brother's shadow. Lakshmi's silky raven coat shines against the moon's rays as she bravely stands at her father's side as he stares down the demon. Her mother and brother did the same, then Alciel said hauntingly, "Is that supposed to scare me? Please if I could kill your pack, you are no match for me."

They growl threateningly as they circle around him, trying to find an opening. The Alpha attacks first, but the demon was too quick as he broke his neck. Lakshmi's mother cries out in horror as she saw her mate has died at the hands of a demon and in a rage, she attacks. Alciel seems to have found her anger amusing and he plays around with her. Daichi couldn't stand it anymore and he attacks him while his attention is on his mother.

Daichi's claws digs into his back and his teeth into his shoulder, making Alciel cry out in pain. Alciel tries to get Daichi off his back and the Luna takes that as an opportunity to claw him across his stomach. Lakshmi was about to jump in when her brother's and mother's bodies suddenly contort in pain. They fall to the ground and Lakshmi runs to their side and nudges her brother to get a response. Daichi says weakly, "Laki, run away or he'll kill you. The Demon King is here."