Chapter 8

Lakshmi POV

I'm practically running to the dog park while we walk there. It has been forever since I've seen the outside, well other than from the window. I can finally smell all the smells. I take a deep breath, taking in all the scents at once. Gasoline, food, a strong odor that I can't place, trees, and many other scents that I've never smelled before but it seems that I have.

"When have I smelled these scents before? I never left Ashiya's apartment as he calls it", I thought confused. Now that I think about it, I don't have any memories before I woke up at the apartment. Who am I? I don't remember anything and I only know that I'm friends with Chiho, Maou, Emi, Urushihara, and Suzuno, also being mates with Ashiya.

"Where did I live before waking up at Ashiya's? How exactly did I meet Ashiya or the others in the first place? How did I end up in Ashiya's apartment?", I thought feeling suffocated. So many unanswered questions dance around my head and I feel my wolf getting confused as well. "Lakshmi... Lakshmi!" I jump when I hear Maou yell at me.

"Huh?" I asked unintelligently.

"Are you okay?" my mate asked worriedly.

My heart swells at his affection but now that I think back and I notice that there are times that he'll lie to me. My wolf is so confused and hurt. I start wolfing out, I go into this space between buildings to hide my transformation. I hear them calling me, asking what's wrong but all I can hear is the blood rushing into my head. "He wouldn't lie to me... would he?" I thought uncertain.

I growl loudly and I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I immediately calm down and grunt in frustration because I know it's Ashiya. I look up at him with cold eyes and he suddenly looks apprehensive. I huff in contempt and easily shifted into a wolf to avoid the oncoming questions.

I want answers but I think I need to go somewhere else for them. They're obviously hiding something from me and I'm going to find out what.

-

We finally reach the park but I don't feel the excitement of being here anymore. Then suddenly a pack of dogs come running towards me with their worried owners following them. They surround me and bark happily. "They know me? I never met them before", I thought uncomfortably. I whimper as my head suddenly bursts with pain.

"Hey guys look it's that wolf!" I hear one of the owners yelled.

The dogs around me whimper and whine when they see me that I'm in pain. "Wait... I remember... them" I thought having an epiphany. Flashes of me walking into this park and watching the dogs and humans interact. One of the humans took out a treat for the dogs, I ran out to be with them because I was hungry. The owners were frightened by me and tried to get their dogs away but the dogs seem to sense my Alpha status, and stayed by my side.

The owners soon accepted me when they saw that I wasn't hurting their dogs or was it because they saw how they respected me. Anyway the owners brought me food the next day because they saw how skinny I was. I look at them as happier memories came back. I bark happily and lick every owner and dog to show that I missed them. A girl owner said to me, "We missed you too, Minna."

That's right they'd called me Minna but I like my real name better. At the moment I don't care, I'm just happy to have some memories back and being with my friends and old pack. The dogs run around me or some will try to get me to play fight with them but I'll growl warningly at them and they'll immediately stop.

Elena, a husky's owner, asked Ashiya, "Are you the one that took in Minna?"

Ashiya looks uncomfortable a little bit. I look at him confused and Maou comes to his rescue. Maou answers, "Yup, but we actually call her Lakshmi."