Chapter 4

Silvia POV

I slowly open my eyes to the smell of breakfast. I sniff the air, hungrily and open my eyes completely to see Chiho cooking. I blink in surprise and rub them to make sure that I'm awake. I look over to my side and I see there's another blanket next to mine. Then I remember that Chiho came over and asked for help with her Algebra homework.

I thought she went home but here she is, cooking. She turns around and sees me awake. She smiles and says, "Good morning, Silvia."

I nod, still processing. "Did you sleep here last night?"

She nods shyly. "I didn't want to leave you alone and I thought I could repay the favor because you helped me with my homework so...I'm cooking breakfast."

I look at her then at the food, it's burning. "Chiho, the food is on fire."

She turns to look at the food and rushes to turn off the stove.

"Ow!" she cries out as her arm accidently touches the hot pot.

I jump up and run to my backpack, looking for my first aid kit. After I find it, I turn off the stove and softly grab Chiho's arm. I sigh as I see the burn starting to form. I said quietly, "Don't get grossed out."

Before she could ask what I meant, I lick her burn. My DNA has healing capabilities so my saliva should already be healing it. She blushes and squeals as she tries to wretch her arm away. I snap, "Stop moving. That was supposed to help heal the stupid burn. I'm not going to do it again."

She stops and hesitantly relaxes, but she's still on alert. I roll my eyes and I use my other hand to open the first aid kit. I got the disinfectant, gauze, and the ointment for burns. I carefully wipe the burn with disinfectant, even though I see it's already visibly healing but I still need to keep up the charade, and rub some ointment on it then wrap the gauze around it. I smile in satisfaction and look up at Chiho to see her staring at me. She asks, "Where did you learn to wrap a gauze so well? My mom can't even do it that good."

I tense up and said swiftly, "Well let's see if our food survived."

I placed back everything into the kit then put it away. Chiho apologizes, "I'm sorry. I get distracted when I'm embarrassed."

I chuckle and look inside the pot. "Not bad", I thought appreciatively.

I said happily, "Our food didn't get burn too much so that's good."

She sighs in relief and I smile slightly. I grab some bowls from the cabinets and said cheerfully, "Let's eat!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Third Person POV

"Hey Boss, when are we going after our target?" a man named Sam asks impatiently.

The man called "Boss" groans in frustration since Sam asked the same question 5 times in the last hour. Boss answers, "Tomorrow. Get the others."

The man salutes and quickly went to get the rest. They all met in the room where Boss was. Boss looks over the plans for the heist then begins, "We're going to rob the artifact from the Space Museum."

A man named August asks, "So do you think we'll find the another world by using this artifact?"

Their scientist, Gilbert, says defensively, "Do you distrust my intellect? There's 65% percent chance that we will be able to open a portal to visit the other world."