Ch.1

(3rd Person POV)

    One day a young boy named Matthew went to the park for a picnic with his family. After finding a good spot, they placed there blanket down and ate. "Mommie, I wanna go play on the swings!" Matt said after finishing his meal. He pointed to the play set which wasn't that far from where they were sitting. "Okay, we will be sitting right here. Be careful!"and went back to her conversation with his dad.

Matt ran to the swings, jumped on one, and started  swinging slowly looking around the park. It was a good sized park, and was very beautiful. There was a couple families here and there, a birthday party, and a soccer practice going on. Then matt saw two boys who looked about 10 walking towards the swings.

Matt being the shy kid he is just looked at the ground. "Hey, that's my swing!" One of the boys said. Matt was confused because there were three other swings. "Hey, you heard him. Get lost!" The other said. Matt was so scared he didn't know what to do. He just sat there. "We're talking to you. I think he's stupid Justin." "I think your right Chris, and what happens to stupid people?" The boy now known as Justin asked. "They get hurt!"

Matt was so scared and sad he started crying. Then he heard the word "hurt" which made him look up as the boys ran at him. The grabbed him and pulled him off the swing and onto the floor and started punching him. All Matthew could do was put his hands up and cry for help, but they came out as sobs and weren't very loud. All of a sudden Matt heard someone yell, "Hey, leave him alone!" Then he looked up and saw a boy around his age grab one of the boys and pushed him off then he punched the other one, making his nose bleed. "We'll get you punk!" Justin, whose nose was bleeding said, then him and Chris walked away. "Hey are you okay?" The boy asked helping him up. Matt was still shaken up by what just happened so just kept crying. "Awe, it's okay there gone now, don't cry no more." The boy said putting his arm around Matt and wiping his tears away. "I'm Carter. What's your name?"He asked. "M-Matthew, b-but you can call me Matt." Matt says calming down. "I'm eight what about you. "Seven." "Cool, I just moved here-"

"Matt it's time to go- OH MY GOSH WHAT HAPPENED!?" Matt's mom said interrupting Carter. "Two meanies were hurting me because I was on the swings but then Carter scared then away." Matt told his mom. "Well that's really kind of you Carter. Where's your mom?"
"Cartah! Don't run off, you scare me!" A women you could tell was him mom, came running. "Hello I'm Carter's mom." (A/n: Don't know there names)
"Hi, I'm Matt's mom."
"We just moved here and he is going to Albright Elementary School tomorrow and we don't know where it is, can you help?" "Of course, Matt's going there too."

Both Matt and Carter frowned remembering that it was the last day of summer vacation. While the moms talked, Matt and Carter talked about school. "Do you want to play tomorrow at school or are you going to be with your friends?" Carter asked. "I don't have any friends." Matthew admitted looking down. "Well now you do" Carter said holding his hand up. When he did that Matthew flinched. "Do you not know what a high five is?" Matthew was confused. He never heard of that before. "Never mind..." Carter said putting his hand down. "So are you ready for second grade?" "Yeah, but I heard it's a lot harder then first." "I think it will be just fine." Carter said smiling at Matt, which made him smile back. After the moms were done talking they said their goodbyes and went home, happy that they just made a new friend.
______________________________________
A/n: So how was it? It's not always going to be in third person pov, just for this chapter. It's mostly gonna be in Matt's pov. Sorry it's boring just had to set the story. It will get better I promise. Bye my children. ✌