Prologue: Wrong Guy

First time writing an urban story and country feel as well, I hope you all enjoy it, God bless and please don't be offended if it sounds almost racist, I do this to portray certain characters perspective, it is not my personal opinions, just take a look at my cover photo lol!

I was more than gleeful to leave behind that little blue house in Bay-town, Texas that held dark memories of things that no child should...see or experience. I was also leaving behind the woman I called mother for 18 years.

I was ready to banish all of those things in the past! I was determined to forget the recollections of what happened or did not and make something great out of myself.

As soon as high school graduation was over, I packed my Associates degree in Business Management that I earned through dual enrollment and my diploma and hopped on the nearest plane to ANYWHERE!

By anywhere I mean....New York.

I was so happy.

My life seemed to be perfect until trouble managed to find me.

I was dating this amazing guy I met one night at the local gym. He was Italian descent or so I thought, although his New York accent had a Texan girl convinced.

He stood tall and lean with black curly hair and electric hazel eyes that made my knees buckle every time he would form a smile at me.

He would make sure to drop me off at the coffee shop job everyday.

I worked there while trying to save for money for my own car and manage online college in order to possibly get an entry-level job or at least receive an internship at a major corporate company. Williams' to be exact. I had always wanted to work with them.

Everyone who worked there always seemed to have an optimistic attitude.

I wanted to become main partner of a company because I liked to be in charge, even if it ruffled a few male feathers.

I didn't care.

I wanted to be in at the top spot where everyone respected you or acted like it around you. When you're at the top, no one with power could ever look down on you or make you fear inferior or vulnerable.

You were equals and that alone would command respect from every room you entered and every eye contact you made. Someday I would get there!

As I walked in the coffee shop with my friend Keisha, she kept rattling on and on about how my beautiful faced boyfriend was a dog.

For some reason that morning, he didn't pick me up for work as usual, so Keisha did and she kept ranting about what he could be doing.

She couldn't stand the presence of Raphael, she even continued to tell me how he was seeing some blonde-headed girl from her volunteer job every Saturday. From the time I introduced her to him she was on my tail, trying to convince me to see him as the jerk she claimed he was.

As a young girl in love who never knew love and just wanted to be loved, I didn't even consider that he would step out on me.

I had believed the sweet words he whispered in my ear, and I fell for every promise he made to me when he held me at night and told me how he was so in love with me.

Cliche right?

I guess I should've seen that one from a mile off.

So, as I prepped my the coffee pots for another work day, I saw a man who looked like Raphael, he walked like Raphael, combed his fingers through his sooty black hair like him, and he even had the exact same dimple on the left cheek!

But of course, it couldn't be him, because he was at work, trying to make money, not making out with a skinny blonde whore across the street. You would've thought he had the little sense to not do it in front of the cafe?! I guess he really didn't care about me as I thought.

What did I do?

I ignored it, didn't want to be embarrassed and continued working until the dumb idiot strolled in there with little Ms. Sunshine.

I didn't even see the reason he wanted to cheat on me, especially when I thought I pleased him in every way a girl could, but in his mind he still needed to be a whore. Plus, she wasn't even that pretty.

The girl looked like someone you would call, "white trash".

After an embarrassing argument, we broke up in front of the cafe, causing my boss to yell at me and throw him out. I later heard he married the blonde woman and moved to Canada, I guess he was really Canadian.

And to top it all off my personal business went around quickly, like your mother winning the lottery, after the argument many people went back to their homes and spread the news on every social network about me, which in the end almost cost me my little cafe job.

After that, I didn't have time for "love" anymore and started focusing on my career and making money.

I hustled and finished earning my Doctrine in Business and Economics after 5 years. I thank God I was able to finish my degree at the age of 25.

I vowed to myself that I would never get caught up in another pitiful romance. I'd never allow myself to be utterly embarrassed by falling head over heels for another man. That brought focus and zen to my life with a pinch of loneliness we all sometimes feel.

I don't regret it, because since then I soared in my career quickly!

I was offered the opportunity to work at Williams' company immediately after my interview, to which I was so surprised and ecstatic.

I had then began to climb the corporate ladder, dodging every fiery dart or words that co-workers aimed at me to tear me down.

But of course I didn't give up easily, I had made it this close to my dreams and I was not going to be broken.

Now, although I am not partner I am after the right hand man to the CEO, and for that I was gratefully proud of myself.

Since then I haven't glanced back, not at my disarrayed family or my once broken heart and humiliation. No one.

And although it was lonely at the top, it was well worth it.

Don't stone me guys, I'm sorry. This is a prologue, I'm going to try to add chapter one next week, comment on what you think. Good or bad I guess lol. Thanks for reading and God bless you.