A New Beginning

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! <3

  The birds chirped around me harmoniously as a cold and crisp wind began to brush across my face, causing my free hair to blow around lawlessly.

 I didn't know why it was cold today, considering it wasn't winter yet, but the bright red and orange leaves were scattered around the yard which pointed out to me that it was fall. 

I was outside, sitting down on my sister's porch in my gray sweatpants with my gray and black hoodie paired along with my black sneakers. I also styled my hair in a messy high-top bun. I didn't dress up today and it actually made me feel more free than usual. 

I only had four and a half more weeks till I had to head back to my fast paced life in New York. 

We had another meeting via internet at 7:00 a.m. about the new policies that my boss was enforcing, but what really made my hair stand up was when he brought up the issue about the land I was supposed to have workers to destroy in 4 weeks time. 

I mumbled like a buffoon at the beginning, but then I pulled myself together and told him I had everything under control, and not to let the workers be there before that time to give the mover  more time to get situated comfortably.

I honestly wished I didn't answer the call, because it reminded me of the underlying dilemma I kept sweeping under the rug day by day, every time I spoke with Jacob, every time we laughed together I felt like I was betraying him. 

Although I'm not, not directly. 

I pushed those threatening thoughts to the back of my mind as a very familiar red rustic pickup truck drove up the driveway and parked. 

A broad smile greeted me as he got out of his truck and strolled over to me in a very enthusiastic manner. 

  He had on an open light brown jacket w/ a white shirt underneath and some denim jeans along with a pair of Timberland boots. 

My heart lit up and accelerated as he approached me and he grabbed my hand and pulled me up to stand gently. 

I smiled as I pushed a loosened curl behind one of my ears. 

"Hi." I said to him bashfully, as if I was just meeting him. 

"How was your day, sleep well?" he asked me, looking me in the eyes intently with blue ones, before leading me with my hand engrossed in his to his truck. 

"Yeah how was yours...I know you had to work today...when don't you work?" I asked, rhetorically, changing the subject off of me. 

It seemed like whenever I texted him this week, he had either been going to work or getting off of work.

He laughed lightly.

"Yeah I was doing landscaping and right before our visit to the ice cream shop I promised you, I need to pick up some wood for someone, if you didn't mind." he said opening my door. 

I climbed in and sat down in the passenger's seat. 

"I guess I can let it pass this time." I said, smiling at him mischievously.  

He laughed as he closed my door and climbed in on the driver's side. 

                                                                                 ***

Jake had been staring at a slab of white wood for like, 10 minutes, his blue eyes full of focus.

We were standing in an Lumber Store where they cut and resurfaced wood.  It looked like an old log warehouse, but with much more space and long rectangular bright lights that hung above us, that popped on as we would walk onto another long aisle and off as we exited it.