Chapter 5

I cried, I cried and I cried. I let my dad handle Raina for the first too weeks after she was born. I lied that I had to go to Shane's parents' house to discuss the baby matter and if Shane should move in with me or just get an apartment a few blocks away. My dad totally agreed to taking Raina.

I called him 34 times in the last hour. Total calls? 245. I didn't talk to anyone for a while. My call log was full of his name. Tomorrow, my dad was dropping off Raina and bringing his fiancé, Tracy, with him. Now I gotta deal with this bitch about my teenage pregnancy problem.

•••••••••••••tomorrow

My dad came in the morning and he was making breakfast while I played with Raina in the living room. I asked Tracy to watch her while I went up stairs to get something.

Shane left every single piece of clothing in my room. His sweaters are my favorite thing to wear at night. It smells like him. It smells amazing. He left all of his shoes, colognes, books, and just every little thing he owned. He had this golden necklace that was his favorite and I bought it for him. That's the only thing that's missing. He took one necklace. Wow.

I got to my room and threw on one of his sweaters. It was awfully cold during the beginning of April even though spring was coming. Tomorrow is April 11th and its Shane's birthday. I ordered him a cake 2 months ago and told them to deliver it at 7:00 sharp in the morning because Shane doesn't wake up until 11 and that would have given me enough time to write stuff on it and decorate it the way I want.

I would have dreams about him, you know. Like, what it would be like if he were still here with me and Raina. I would be married to him,
and we would be parenting Raina together. How fast time goes by.

I had a dream that he came home from work one day, and Raina was 4 and it was pouring outside and she would make corny jokes like Shane always made and say, "daddy how does it feel to have me all over your jacket," and she would run away giggling.

Another one was where she was a teenager and she had a boyfriend and Shane would just eye him and Raina would just laugh until Shane would eye her and then eye her boyfriend again. Soon enough, Raina would officially introduce him and Shane will grow to like him.

I would love to have a life where Shane would watch over Raina like not a lot of people watched me. Obviously, my dad did, but it would have been easier with my mom because I wouldn't have to repeat that day where I got my period and I was crying and my dad didn't know what to do so he started crying too. He bought the wrong pads and gave me 300 bucks to buy whatever I needed. Those were the funniest, though. I wouldn't have been laughing up until now if my dad wasn't there.

I went downstairs with Shane's blue Hollister sweater on. My dad eyed me and saw that there were tears in my eyes from dreams and flashbacks.

"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Dad, I-- I don't-- am I a bad person. Do you-- do you think I'm a bad girlfriend, let alone a mom?" I asked. I was on the break of tears.
"No of course not. You will be the best mom in the world, but tell me what happened?" He asked.
"Shane-- he-- he just-- he just left."

My dads face turned pale, and he looked angry. Extremely angry. He took the cup from the table and threw it against the wall where orange juice splatter with bits of glass flying. I ran to Raina to make sure nothing hit her and then I started yelling at my dad.

"How can he-- what was-- what?!" He yelled.
"Dad, just calm down!" I yelled. I didn't effect him at all.
He took another cup and I stopped his arm before he broke it.

"Enough."

My dad sat down on the couch and was fuming like crazy.

"He left you. He totally disgraced our family. What are we gonna do, Delilah?"

"If you need anything, I'll help," Tracy said.
"I don't need anything, but thank you though," I said and she nodded and went outside to start the car knowing they were going to leave soon.

"Delilah, I have a wedding to go to, but I'm coming here first thing tomorrow so we can discuss things. I'm calling Shane's parents and telling them the awful news," he said, hugged me, and left.

••••••••••••••••

I'm writing more but this is it for now. It's short but it's late so I have no ideas haha. Hope you enjoy!!!!!