Read On: Other Works

HARBINGER'S CHILD (New Wattpad Serial)

http://harbingerschild.tk

After decades of struggling, the broken last of humanity barely escapes an inexplicable cataclysmic threat and wanders in the darkness of space for blind hope and a desolate future. They eventually find themselves on a journey for ancient wisdom, long forgotten civilizations and a mythical planet called Earth, yet the cycle of endless oppression, destruction and fear is in pursuit. And in the end, perhaps there remains nothing, not time, not memories, not history, not even a planet.

Takatsu's approach on the well traversed theme is a haunting literary and deeply metaphysical experience where the interstellar novel's grim and traumatized characters search the cosmos for answers to the greater age old questions on spirituality, the human condition, mortality, history, myth, esoteric traditions, transcendence, higher dimensions and our place in the stars.

This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless,
Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson done,
Thee fully forth emerging, silent, gazing, pondering the themes thou lovest best.
Night, sleep, death and the stars.
– Walt Whitman

-

OF FORESTS AND CLOCKS AND DREAMS (Inspiritus Press, 2016)

http://inspirituspress.com/OFCD

"[His pieces] have a timeless quality, little legends or fables that enlighten or explain a philosophy of life, a zen moment... [they] touch on an innate mystery of things that your stories allow one to see." – Patricia Keeney, Professor of Creative Writing at York University, Award-winning Poet, Critic, Author of One Man Dancing

From the award-winning trailblazer of English cell phone novels and digital literature comes an unconventional postmodern collection of fragments, moments, imaginings containing thought-provoking and enigmatic short stories, poetry, essay, notes, drafts, excerpts, aphorisms, photography, typography, design and artwork. The book explores surreal visions and philosophical themes of the self and identity, human condition and the soul, subjective perception and the nature of reality, criticism of the system and exploration of spirituality and the cosmos through strange conversations, umbrellas, a talking bird, grandfather clocks, a transfigured stone, white rice, bookstores, a man with twelve toes, and more.

Release: April 29, 2016

5" x 8" Paperback

240 pages (56 art/photo/design colour pages)

Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indigo, Smashwords, iBooks, Kobo, and more.

-

SECONDHAND MEMORIES (Sakura Publishing, 2014)

http://secondhandmemories.net

Originally serialized online in 2008, Secondhand Memories pioneered the Japanese cell phone novel phenomenon in the English-speaking world, marking a moment in history of a new literary movement among thousands of young writers and readers globally. The remarkably unique fusion of simple haiku-like poetic technique and prose narrative in sparse serialized chapters has re-envisioned technology, youth culture, community and literature. Book One was published in print in late 2014 by Sakura Publishing, eagerly anticipated by fans and fellow cell phone novelists. 

Seiji and Aoi have been inseparable childhood friends and eventually, high school sweethearts. Believing in naive dreams and love, all seems well until a tragedy separates them with a chasm of frozen time. As one struggles with the aftermath, the world moves on, while the other remains still. Battered by temptation and the pressure to grow up, he discovers that life is more complicated than he thought – and that the heart and mind is quite vulnerable to change. Secondhand Memories is an emotional coming-of-age story: a journey about the meaning of growing up, love, loss and sacrifice.

Release: December 21, 2014

6" x 9" Paperback, 558 pages
Available on Amazon