Chapter 18.

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." - James 4:17

Genesis Williams

{ July 22nd, 2014 | 10:31 a.m }

I took another spoonful of vanilla yogurt as I sat with my legs under my bottom on August's couch. I have yet to leave, due to the fear and paranoia that I have. Anyone should be as afraid as I am especially when someone is plotting to try to kill you and you barely even know them.

I couldn't sleep at all last night, and decided to come downstairs around midnight to check up on August, who I didn't hear from at all since I stormed upstairs to lock myself in his room hours before.

When I came down the final step and saw that the house was dark and empty, not only did I turn on every light in his house, but I stayed upstairs until I grew hungry, and found myself something simple to eat, like this yogurt.

The nerve of August for leaving. I still can't believe that he just got up and left and hasn't returned yet. It's 11 in the morning, and I'm running off of on an hours worth of sleep, and I haven't heard from him at all.

I ate another spoonful of my yogurt before finishing it off, and sitting the empty container and spoon aside. I could try calling up August, but I don't want to seem like a bother. Actually, would I really be considered a bother at this point?

Possibly a couple weeks ago if I called him I would seem like a bother.

I don't feel as if calling him now, also with everything that's just went on, would necessarily bother him. He didn't tell me that he had to work today either, so I don't know what on earth he is doing.

I reached for my phone that was siting on the coffee table and dialed August's number. Holding the smartphone to my ear, I waited anxiously for him to pick up, chewing on my bottom lip in the process and growing more tense and concerned with each ring.

It seemed as if the phone rang forever without him picking up. I sighed, and was about to dial his number again for another try, when I suddenly heard the lock to the front door turn. Startled, I stood up to my feet.

My nerves instantly vanished when I saw August's tall and skinny figure walk through the front door, his head held low with those dark shades of his sitting on his face.

"You still hea'?" He mumbled, shutting and locking the door behind him. His whole demeanor was off, and it was easily visible. The way he sluggishly walked and his abrupt, rude comment made my suspicions rise. "I'm surprised."

I let out a small noise of sheer disgust, my eyes knitted together in absolute bewilderment."What's that supposed to mean?"

He shrugged. "Ion know. Take it how you wanna I guess."

I watched August make his way upstairs. I quickly approached him and tugged lightly on his shirt before he could take another step. "Where were you?"

He looked over his shoulder. I couldn't tell if his reaction was in aversion or confusion, especially by the way that his lips parted and the way that his shades sat on his face. "What?"

"Where were you last night?" I persisted, trying my best to not sound like a nagging mother or girlfriend.

"I was out." He grumbled under his breath, so lowly that I barely heard what he had said.

"Out where?"

"Why do you wanna know?" August growled bitterly. My eyebrow shot up vigilantly and my eyes widened.