Chapter 24

Taylor's POV:

It's been about two weeks since Nina got out of the hospital, and things are actually going great. She's started therapy, and it seems like it might be helping. She's doing a lot better in my opinion. No more drugs, drinking, or cutting. She's talking to me and letting me help her. I can say with no doubt in my mind, that I have my Nina back.

I was in the middle of making her breakfast, when I feel her arms wrap around me from behind.

"Morning baby." She kisses my neck.

"Morning love." I giggle before turning around. "Aww look at you with your bed hair!" I tease her.

"Shut up!" She smirks.

"Make me." I stick out my tongue at her.

She leans in and kisses me. That's a good way to make me be quiet.

After I'm done cooking the pancakes, we eat.

Afterwards, we head back to my room. My mother is at work, so we have the place to ourselves. 

Nina and I sit down on my bed, and I wrap my arms around her.

She was looking at her scar on her wrist. "I'm going to have this forever..." She frowns.

"You're still here for a reason Nina. Just try not to think about it okay baby?"

"I'm sorry... I just fucked up really bad."

I grab her wrist and kiss it.

We talk for a little bit more, before we go and take a shower together.

When my mother isn't home, we always do that. We're just doing her a favor and saving water.

Today is Saturday so we don't have school. I've been helping Nina in school. She's really smart and could do amazing in school if she just applied herself.

When we're done showering, we decide to get out of the house and take a walk in the park.

We hold hands the whole way there. We decide to sit down on a bench.

It's pretty nice outside. It's sunny, but not too hot or not too cold. It's perfect. I actually decided to wear shorts today. As usual I'm wearing a band t-shirt though. Nina is wearing a green hoodie, and some shorts.

I'm leaning against her, and she has her arms around me. People look at us weird, but I don't care. This is a perfect normal loving relationship. I guess people are just too closeminded to see that.

"I'm so lucky to have you..." She whispers.

I sit up straight, and look at her. "I'm the lucky one Nina." I smile before kissing her cheek.

She gives me a weak smile.

"What's wrong?" I frown.

"I'm just sorry... For everything. I've put you through so much. No matter what you say it isn't okay Taylor." She was frowning.

"Nina... I told you I'm here for better or for worse. It's getting better now. We're okay." I lean in and press my lips against hers.

She breaks the kiss and looks into my eyes. "I love you Taylor." She smiles.

"I love you too Nina." I lean in and kiss her again.

After we spend a little more time in the park, we decide to head back. Nina has a therapy session soon.

When we get home, my mother is already off work.

I make Nina something to eat, before my mom drives her to go see her therapist.

My other half is gone, and I have nothing to do. I always miss her when she's away from me. She's all I think about.

I decide to just watch some lifetime movies until Nina gets home. Those will at least keep me somewhat occupied. 

When she returns home, I'm right by the door waiting for her.

When she opens the door, I wrap my arms around her neck and kiss her deeply.

She kisses me back and giggles. "Well someone missed me."

"Of course I did." I lean in and kiss her again.

My mom passes us. She's used to seeing us kiss now. I'm glad she accepts Nina and me. She's the best mom anyone could ask for. She even lets Nina and me share a room.

My mom cooks us dinner, and after we eat Nina and I go back to my room.

"How was therapy?" I ask her.

"It was good. She's really nice. She listens to what I have to say and she doesn't judge me."

I want to know what they talk about, but it's not any of my business. That's between Nina and her therapist.

We decide to watch a movie, and have some cuddle time. I pick out a lifetime movie of course.

We lay on my bed, and I wrap my arms around her. She pulls a blanket over us.

After the movie, we decide to go to bed.

She leans in and kisses me. "Goodnight my baby." She smiles.

Whenever she calls me baby, it stills gives me butterflies and makes my heart melt.

"Goodnight sexy." I kiss her.

"I love you." She kisses me again.

I kiss her back. "I love you too babe. Very much."

She wraps her arms around me, and we fall asleep together.