National Embarrass Daisy Day

I wake up early, excited and filled with anticipation. I look in the mirror and examine my naturally wavy hair. Usually I straighten it, but today I'm going to leave it wavy. It just seems more beachy. I throw on my favorite strapless bikini and some dark denim shorts. I brush my teeth and hair, then skip to the kitchen.

"Hello wonderful parents." I say happily, They laugh at me and my mom hands me some Nutella toast. I seriously think I have an addiction to this stuff. Afterward she hands me a glass of water and my medicine. I gulp it down and barely have time to grab my stuff before I hear knocking at the door. I open it and Pinky is standing there, in a very similar outfit as my own. I smile and invite her inside. 

"It's kinda a mess from unpacking and stuff." I explain as I lead her to the kitchen.

"Mom, Dad, this Pinky. Pinky, this is my mother and father." I introduce them and Pinky gets pulled into a hug by my mother. She laughs and hugs her back. My dad just shakes her hand. 

"I love your hair." Mom gushes. 

"Well Pinky and I are going to go to the beach now. I'll see you guys later." I hug both of them and we start to walk out the door. 

"Stay out as long as you want!" My mom calls out after us. I smile. I love how much my parents trust me. 

Waiting outside my house is a shiny, red convertible with two boys in the back and another girl in the front. All of them are like Hollister models, and I suddenly feel inadequate. Panic creeps up on me like a boa constrictor, suffocating me. They stare at us as we walk out, and I squirm uncomfortably under their scrutinizing. I look for an empty seat and frown when I don't find one.  One of the boys lets out a whistle, which earns him a smack from the other girl. 

"Ow, what was that for?" The boy asks and rubs his arm.

"Can't you see you're making her uncomfortable. You both look like you want to eat her for breakfast or something. I'm surprised she hasn't run away screaming." The girl reprimands. I send a grateful look. She gives me a thumbs up in reply. 

"Guys, this is Daisy." Pinky introduces me and I give a little wave. 

"This is Carmen, Jordan, and Beau." She introduces each one. The boys both flex and the girl gets out of the car to give me a hug. I lightly hug her back, trying not to hyperventilate.

"Don't pay attention to them. They're just a couple of dummies. They're perfectly harmless." She says laughing. I laugh along quietly and the boys grumble. Pinky gets into the driver's seat and I stand there uncomfortably, having no idea where to sit. 

"Oh sorry Daisy! I forgot to tell you. You can sit on the top of the seat between Jordan and Beau. If they misbehave, just smack them." Pinky says. I nod and Jordan gets out of the car. I sit on the top and try to hold my legs as close together to allow room for the boys. Jordan gets back in the car and we slowly start to drive toward the beach. 

I flinch when Jordan brushes up against my thigh. He laughs at my reaction. I  frown. I don't see anything funny about having a panic attack. 

"You're like a scared mouse or something. Except you'd be a very hot mouse." He says with a wink and a smirk. I smile tentatively and look at my hands

"You know, you can always just sit on my lap if the seat gets uncomfortable." Jordan says. I try to laugh a little, loosen up. I mentally do a relaxation technique that my therapist taught me. I feel a little better and less panicked. I force myself to act like a normal teenage girl.

"If I get uncomfortable you'll be the first to know." I say with a wink. Jordan smirks and grabs my waist, bringing me to his lap. I let out a squeak of surprise, and immediately blush. That's embarrassing. I push panic down. Jordan and Beau just laugh, unaware of my inner turmoil. I squirm to get comfortable. All of the sudden Jordan grabs my hips and gives me an uncomfortable look.