Chapter 8 - How to annoy people

Your POV

You spent the rest of the day in your new Guild getting to know everyone better. You and Orga reluctantly made a truce so you wouldn't destroy the entire Guild hall, which made everyone very happy. After a while, it got a bit late, so you plus the twin dragons went home.

"I'm hungry!" You whine for the fifth time.

"We know!" Sting shouts, annoyed.

"Maybe I'd finish cooking sooner if you stopped interrupting me!" He growled. You whined loudly again and Sting looked like he was about to lose it.

"Rogue! Can you shut her up!" The shadow dragon slayer rolled his eyes.

"Hey! I'm not six!" You got up, grabbed Emi and walked outside.

"Come on Em," You pouted and heard a quiet laugh from Rogue.

"Why so grumpy? Is it because your hunger is getting to your head?" Your exceed teases, playfully. You smile slightly.

"Probably. I haven't eaten since this morning, though!" You defended yourself.

"Plus, I felt like annoying Sting." You giggled as Emi shook her head, smiling. You laid down on a field, staring up at the stars.

"We used to do this all the time..." You murmured. Emi nodded. Your stomach was empty, and you were tired from all the commotion, so your eyelids started getting heavy...

Rogue's POV

"Where did that girl go?" Sting asked. It's been half an hour since (y/n) walked out, and I'm starting to worry too. I stood up.

"I'm going to look for her."

"Fro comes too!" My exceed says.

"I might as well come too... I did yell at her, so she might be sulking somewhere." He followed me out the door, Lector on his heel.

~~o~~

We've looked all through town and haven't seen (y/n) anywhere. Now we're all starting to worry.

"What if she got kidnapped!?" Lector worries. Just then, I look out at a field to see a body in the grass. I start walking towards it fast. The others see it too and hurry after me. (Y/n) lays there, passed out, her (h/l) (h/c) hair spread out around her head, her exceed clutched to her chest. It takes me a moment to realise that she's not passed out or hurt in anyway, just asleep.

"She was sleeping here the whole time?!" Sting shouts, clearly angry. I'm just glad that she's alright. I pick her up bridal style and she instantly latches on to me. I smile down at her and carry her back.

~~o~~

Your POV

You wake up, sun shining through the curtains. It takes you a moment to realise that Rogue has his arms wrapped tightly around you and is holding you to his chest in a protective kind of way. It makes it hard to breathe. You try and pull away from him, but it turns out he has a strong grip. You cough, trying to breathe properly but still can't.

"R-Rogue, I-I can't b-breathe!" You gasp as loudly as you can. His eyes open, and you feel air rush into your lungs as he removes his arms.

"Sorry..." He mumbles. You smile, shaking your head.

"It's fine! I- wait, how did I end up in here? I didn't drink did I?!" You panic. Rogue laughs at you.

"You fell asleep on a field, and I had to carry you back." You nod, day dreaming slightly until a loud growl from your stomach interrupts your thoughts. Rogue glances down at it.

"It also means that you didn't get to eat." You stand up and walk over to the kitchen, looking desperately for something to eat.

"You guys have nothing!" You wail, awaking Sting, who stumbles out after Rogue. The blonde male snickers at you.

"It's not funny!" You pout. You head back to Rogue's room and over to where you dropped your stuff.

"You have food there?" Rogue asks you. You pull out a music player (phone, mp3 player, iPod, I dunno, whatever they have over there that plays music) and select a random song. It plays and you smile, feeling a lot less hungry.

"Wait, what?" Sting questions. Rogue just stands there shocked.

"I'm a music dragon slayer. I get energy from music." You explain.

"That's incredible..." Rogue murmurs. You grin at him. The song finishes and you stand up.

"You don't mind if I shower now, right?" You ask. They both shake their heads.

"Cool! Thanks! And no perving. Both of you." You glare, grabbing your clothes and retreating to the bath room.

Oh hey, people! How are you all? I know this chapter wasn't very long, but hey, at least I updated! And for that, I get a cookie! And all you can have cookies too for reading my book! Cookies for all! And if you don't like cookies, then have a donut. Everyone likes donuts. I'll try to update more now. I love you all!
~Redd-chan