Remember Me

I was woken by a strong pain in my leg. Wanting the pain to stop, and continue my slumber I began to run my hand up and down my leg, trying to find the source of the pain. Seconds later, I came into contact with someone's foot. There toenail was poking my leg causing me a slight amount of pain. I moved the foot away and got settled again, only to seconds later have the foot press back against me. Deciding I wasn't going to stop the foot from poking me, I sat up and yawned. The sunlight coming through the paper door gave off a warming feel through the entire room. Smiling, I stood and stretched some more. Once I finished my stretching, I glanced around the room. There were at least 40 others in here. The sleeping bags were tucked tightly against one another in order to make room for everyone. Sighing deeply, I slowly began to make my way to the door that led to the balcony, which was harder than it looked due to the massive amount of people sleeping in the room. After nearly tripping on some people, and stepping on others, I made it to the door where I slowly slid it open, stepped outside, and slid the door shut.

Smiling at myself for overcoming the issue without waking anyone, I walked to the guard rail and leaned over it, resting my cheek on my arm. Everything seemed to look so beautiful from up here. The trees looked to be nothing more than sprouts, and the flowers looked like red and blue stains on a green carpet. There always seemed to be a constant breeze at this height, which didn't bother me any. The wind brought different scents to my nose, and made me feel calm.

"What a weird day yesterday was." I stated to myself, smiling at the fact that I had over come it. My thoughts then went to the dragon Cira, and how Ren was supposedly her mate, but she didn't know. I felt sorry for them and wanted to help, but knew that there was nothing I could do. Its sad knowing that the 4 little ones of Ren would never know who there father was. Suddenly the sound of a small thud to my left caught my attention. I glanced over to see Ren whom was standing beside me with a smile on his face.

"Morning." he whispered.

"Same to you." I replied with a smile.

"Well, I take since your still alive that Gertrude didn't find out you were the spirit?" he whispered, looking over the railing I was laying against.

"Yeah, but Cross knew what I was." I replied.

"We'll talk later. So are you ready?" he asked, a devious smile appearing on his face.

"Ready for whAAAAAAAAAA!" I shouted as he threw me over the railing and into the air only to seconds later catch me in his powerful grasp.

"If you bite me again ill let you fall ok." he stated with a laugh. I only managed to reply with a whimper which caused him to smile even more. I have never flown before, well besides the incident the other night, but I found it to be fun. Time seemed to slow, and although I was at the mercy of Ren, I felt calm in his arms. We flew for what seemed like hours, but in reality was mere minutes to where I had appeared at. The river that I had been swimming in when I came here was dried up and now was a large meadow. Ren circled the area for a few minutes, then flew to the ground where he made an easy and graceful landing. He stood on his hind legs until he released me, then he dropped to all fours.

"I suspect you know what this place is?" he questioned.

"Yeah. This is where you abducted me." I replied, shooting him an angry look. He stayed silent, and I began to walk down a hill to where the river used to be. Ren stood at the top of the hill for a few minutes before following.

"Where did it go?" I asked, curious about how a river could just disappear like that.

"It dries when it senses evil. The spirit that dwells within its depths is said to be one of the greatest." he replied as he starred blankly at where it used to be.