Dark Swordsmen And A Dragon Named Ren

Morning came sooner than expected for me as I was woken by sunlight that was shining through the mouth of the cave. I lazily opened my eyes and rose to a sitting position, not truly fulfilled with what little sleep I managed to get. Deciding it was to early to get up, I moved to lay back against the dragon, but instead hit the hard stone floor. The impact immediately gave me a headache and I wrapped both of my arms around the back of my head, rubbing it furiously in attempt to stop the pain.

“Where did the dragon go?“ I asked myself as I rose back to a seating position, and began scanning the cave for him. After a few moments of doing so, I groggily stood and walked to the mouth of the cave, but stopped once I heard the dragons voice.

“Sorrel, please.” he pleaded.

“No, I’m not going to risk my life to help a human. If Gertrude finds out I’m with her, AND YOU, she will kill me without hesitation.” a female voice replied.

“Sorrel, I want to do something good for a change. You know what I used to be, and I never want to be that way again.” the dragon replied, pleading whomever he was talking to.

“You know her don’t you?” the female voice asked after a moment of silence.

“Yes, now will you help her? Can you just do it for me?” the dragon asked, causing another moment of silence to come.

“He knows me? How?” I whispered to myself before stepping out of the cave and into the view of the dragon and a human brunet wearing light red, nearly pink clothing, which she had tied off at her knees and elbows. The cloths she wore seemed to make her look bigger than she really was.

“Well, looks like sleeping beauty is awake.” the female angrily stated before crossing her arms.

“Sorrel, be nice!” the dragon angrily ordered her. “Katlyn, this is Sorrel, Sorrel this is Katlyn.” the dragon calmly stated as I reached them. Stopping a good 3 yards away from Sorrel.

“Hi.” I calmly said before reaching my hand out in attempt to shake hands. She looked to my hand, then to me.

“Ill shake your hand when we get rid of your stench.” she angrily stated before turning to the dragon. Sorrel looked to be around 6’2, which dwarfed my size. She was a brunet with hair reaching down to her waist. She starred angrily at the dragon, whom returned her gaze with a pleading look.

“I’m not doing it.” Sorrel stated angrily before turning back to me. I just barely caught a glimpse of here eyes. They were blue, like mine. With arms still crossed, Sorrel then began to stomp into the woods.

“Sorrel, if you do this for me then I will forever be in your debt!” the dragon shouted, stopping her immediately.

“FINE! Ill do it. But you owe me big time!” she shouted before stomping to my side. She then stuck her hand deep within one of the pockets on her robe and pulled a bottle out of it. The bottle reminded me of a Febreez air spray bottle, but clear, and full of blue liquid. She then handed it to me and stormed into the dragons den.

“What do I do with this?” I asked the dragon curiously.

“You need to bathe, then spray yourself with it.” the dragon replied.

“Bathe, what about the mermaid?” I asked, scared about going back to the water.

“Ill be with you, so she’ll think twice about coming after you. Now come on, if Sorrel finds anything else to nag about I think I’m going to die.” the dragon said with a laugh, causing me to smile before leading me back to the pond. He walked into the small pond about waist deep, or where I could barely see the top of his legs before sticking his head underneath the water. Suddenly the water grew an orange tint, which after a moment went way just as fast as it had appeared.