Death Is Everywhere

It swooped down and grabbed me underneath my arms. I was screaming and struggling wildly now, trying to free myself from the scaled creature that held me. My fingernails were nearly bleeding due to scratching the creatures paws, but to little effect.

“Stop moving before I drop you!” it commended, its voice telling me that it was a male, whatever it was.

“Let me go!” I commanded before managing to bite one of his paws. He yelped and let me go.

My eyes widened with fear as I began to fall from the massive height we were at. I began to flail wildly in attempt to fly, but unluckily for me, I had no wings. The ground approached me at an amazing speed, and as it neared me, I curled into a ball, waiting for a quick and painless death. Suddenly I was grabbed around my waist and I opened my eyes to see the creature wrap around me protectively. Seconds later we impacted the ground, the creature taking the impact. We then began to roll and the creature involuntary let me go, causing us to roll away from each other. As I rolled, my back hit a large tree, knocking the breath out of me and stopping my roll. The creature then came to a stop on his stomach and let out a deep breath.

“Ouch.” he stated before standing, the night keeping what he truly looked like hidden from me.

“Are you ok?” he asked, walking to my side. I nodded in reply, still unable to catch my breath. He suddenly looked to the sky and jumped on top of me, hooding his wings around me like a falcon does its kill.

“SHHHH!” he commanded as he looked over his wing. Suddenly, what seemed to be a human flying appeared in the air. It stopped and looked around before continuing away from us. Once he was gone, the creature let me up.

“Your not supposed to be here. How did you get in!?” he commended pinning me to the tree I had landed against with his paw, my neck lying between his talons. His face just inches from mine, and although I couldn’t see him clearly, I could tell that he was snarling angrily.

“What are you talking about? Where am I?” I replied, wrapping both my arms around the paw that pinned me to the tree.

“You, little girl, are in the Spirit World.” he said, releasing me and stepping away. I gave him a confused look as I stood.

“So………I……….I’m dead?” I asked, not truly understanding everything.

“No. you managed to enter this world through your’s. How though is what you need to tell me.” he replied. I began to search my mind for how I got here, but found nothing. I was only allowed to prod a certain depth into my memories. The rest was a mystery.

“I cant remember.” I whispered. He sighed in reply.

“Your lucky I found you before Cross did.” he stated, looking into the sky where the human passed us.

“Cross?” I asked, not really understanding him completely.

“Ill explain later. First we need to hide your scent, I could smell you from a mile away and that means Cross can to. Now follow me.” he ordered before beginning to walk into the woods, me following hesitantly behind him.

My mind was racing, trying to take everything in. Here I was, apparently in the spirit world, running from a person named Cross, while being led by a creature that I couldn’t see clearly and abducted me. Wow what a night.

“Ok were here. My scent should hide yours, so Cross shouldn’t be able to find you as long as you’re here.” he stated, pulling me from my thoughts to see the entrance to a cave. About 30 yards to the left of the cave entrance was a pond. He probably used it for drinking or something. Suddenly the cave lit up, allowing me to see clearly inside it. The creature that brought me here though was around the corner of the cave, out of my view.