Alternate Mizumono Ending

Will hopped out of the taxi that had taken him to Hannibal's house, and into the pouring rain. When he'd received the call from Alana that the FBI had issued a warrant for his arrest, this was the first place he'd thought to go.

Tonight was the night that Hannibal was to confront Jack as his true self. Will had been busy with both of them in preparation for this night, and he was eager to see who would come out on top. Hannibal believed that Will was on his side, while Jack thought exactly the same. Alana had told him that Jack was also to be arrested, but Will knew that wouldn't stop him from evading the FBI and going to Hannibal's anyway. Will wasn't sure who he'd find alive, but, as much as he tried to shut it out, he found himself hoping it was Hannibal.

When Will stepped into the rain, something lying on the path in front of him caught his attention. He slowly advanced toward it to get a better look, and recognized that it was a body. Not Jack's. Not Hannibal's. There wasn't supposed to be anybody else here. There were few people who knew about what was taking place this evening, and Kade Purnell with the FBI wouldn't have come so unprepared. That left one remaining option. Alana.

Will ran to her, and kneeled beside her. She was gasping for breath, and blood was streaming from her mouth and nose. How did she get here? What happened? Will's hands hovered over her body, searching for a way to help ease her pain. But all he could think to do was to remove his jacket and lay it on her body, so she wouldn't be as cold and wet.

He dialed 911 hastily into his cell phone and muttered the address when he heard a voice on the other end, before hanging up.

"Jack is inside," Alana said, her voice virtually a whisper. She began to breathe heavily after speaking, as if those three words had exhausted her just as much as running might have.

"Go," she said. Will knew that this was all he could've done for her, so he removed his gun from his belt, and without a word, left Alana on the wet pavement.

Will went inside the house and scanned the room. It was silent and seemingly empty. Had Hannibal already left? He raised his gun as he moved into the kitchen, keeping his eyes wide open and watching for the slightest movement.

There was evidence of a fight. Glass was shattered on the ground, and traces of smeared blood on the floor. He kept walking ahead until he had fully entered the kitchen and could have a better look around.

Something on the floor caught Will's eye. There was a pool of red seeping out from underneath the door of the pantry. Blood. Before he had the chance to register it properly, he heard footsteps from behind him, and twisted around. He kept his gun in the air, despite him having no intentions of shooting anybody with it. When he turned around, he almost couldn't believe who he saw. She was supposed to be dead. But there she was, Abigail Hobbs, standing right in front of him. She was crying.

Will lowered his gun. The previous thoughts of Jack and Hannibal had left his mind. All Will could think was how healthy she looked. Abigail was supposed to be dead, Hannibal had allegedly killed her but instead he had kept her alive. Why?

"Abigail?" Will wasn't aware that he'd said her name until it had already passed through his lips.

"I didn't know what else to do so... I just did what he told me," She said. That's when Will remembered why he was there.

"Where is he?" Will asked.

Abigail looked over his shoulder at something behind him, then instantly returned her eyes to Will's. He knew right away what it meant. It was if, all of a sudden, he could feel his presence.

"Y-You were supposed... to leave," Will said, turning around to face the bloody, disheveled man behind him.

Will met Hannibal's eyes, and they seemed to scan Will before he finally replied, "We couldn't leave without you."