Colours

Note: Based off the song Colors by Halsey

~*~*~*~*~

Hannibal Lecter, being a psychiatrist, had seen many people with many different colours in his lifetime, but none such a brilliant shade of blue as Will Graham.

Your little brother never tells you but he loves you so

Everyone was different. He'd seen greens as dark as the forest or as light as the grass, oranges like the setting sun, and violets soft as silk. But with his area of work, he dealt mostly with people who were red. Hannibal himself was even a darker shade of the colour.

But Will was his first blue.

You said your mother only smiled on her TV show

Colour wasn't something that made a person. It wasn't their skin colour, it wasn't in their hair, or what they wore. Colour was found more in the little things, that one might miss if not paid enough attention to.

When it came to Will, Hannibal found it in the light that reflected off his skin, it radiated off him when he smiled, and in his words when he spoke about his life. It was unlike anyone he'd ever met before. Will Graham had taken over his world.

You're only happy when your sorry head is filled with dope

But Will was only his patient. Hannibal had been hired by Jack Crawford and the FBI to make sure their empath stayed sane while he worked cases for them. But he had already been damaged.

Will dealt with huge amount of fear every day. On top of that, he didn't always save everyone. Those two factors were weighing him down, watering down the blue that Hannibal couldn't help but love.

I hope you make it to the day you're 28 years old

Hannibal looked forward for their every appointment, and made excuses to go to the Bureau as often as he could just to see the younger man. There were days when he couldn't focus on other patients, because he'd been reminded of Will, and couldn't get his mind off him.

It was safe to say that Hannibal was in love with Will. But he couldn't tell if the younger man felt the same way

It was one evening when Hannibal had invited Will over for dinner that he decided to ask.

You're dripping like a saturated sunrise

It wasn't the first time that Will had been to Hannibal's house for dinner. He'd been both for a parties and privately. But that day it was just Will and Hannibal, and the older man had served a special meal for the occasion. His personal favourite.

They had been discussing Will's job when the room fell silent. Hannibal knew that that was the time.

Nerves bubbling in his stomach, he couldn't continue eating at the thought of telling Will how he felt. He set his fork and knife down on either side of his plate before speaking.

"What are your feelings of me, Will?"

"As a psychiatrist? Or a friend?"

"Neither. I have always found you to be quite fascinating, but recently I have begun to think of you and I as something more than just psychiatrist and patient. More than friends even," Hannibal explained.

Will set his utensils down just as Hannibal had, he looked shocked.

You're spilling like an overflowing sink