Transgender AU

Trigger warning: scenes of self harm

Also this is unedited, I just wanted to get something out to you today to make up for not having a chapter for Infinity to post.
For those of you who may not know, I am a transgender person, so I was excited about getting to talk about some of my feelings through Will in this one. My mother is very accepting (thank you mom) but I do face some of the same struggles as Will.

Anyways, enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~

"You must be Willow," Hannibal Lecter said as he opened the door of his office to see a teenage girl in the lobby.

"Yeah," she said then stormed into the room.

"Your mother emailed me about your situation, and I would like you to know that I am an open minded person, and you're not here to be changed," Hannibal explained, sitting in his chair and gesturing for Willow to sit across from him. She obliged.

"I don't know what my mother has told you, but it probably hasn't been good," she said.

"That depends on your definition of good."

"Well I don't see it as good."

"How about we start from the beginning," Hannibal suggested, "I don't know anything about you."

Willow sat silent for a moment before speaking, "what's your feelings on the LGBT community?"

"I have full acceptance. I am among them," Hannibal said, and Willow immediately perked up.

"You are?"

Hannibal nodded, "Pansexual."

"Cool," Willow started before hesitating.

"You can tell me, Willow."

"I'm not Willow, I'm Will, and I'm not she, I'm he," Will explained, looking down at his hands which were knotted together in his lap.

"Sounds good to me, Will," Hannibal smiled, "so your mother sent you here because she's convinced that you're still Willow?"

"I've never been Willow," Will said, "and I hate the sound of it."

"Understood."

"I understand why my mom is like that. She's religious, though I doubt she's ever read the bible once. She just listens to what her stupid priest tells her. What I don't understand is how she can put religion before her own kid. I think she's just being selfish. She doesn't want to go to hell for having a transgender kid so she's not telling anyone."

"Have you ever considered, from her perspective, that she's trying to protect you? Maybe what she's trying to do is protect you from the eye of God so you won't be sent to hell... You aren't going to be sent to hell, Will. It's just her belief. But I can assure you that she is wrong."

"Maybe," Will said, "but wouldn't it be worth ditching a rule or two to stand up from me, the same way she is to "protect" me?"

"In her mind she is breaking all the rules for you, Will. That doesn't necessarily make it okay. It doesn't make your life easy either. I am not justifying her actions, but we need to be able to understand them," Hannibal explained.