II

Tonight, I'd loosen up. The guys would go to a bar and I'd tag along like the old days. Maybe I'd even take someone home, like the old Chris would do every single night. I've decided that within my span of eternity, I can't stay hung up on a human bound to die one day. That'll only lead to more pain than what we already have to deal with. The pain we have to bury and burn. Though it never goes away. Not really.

People grinded against one another to the beat of some laid back metal song. Counting Bodies Like Sheep, I do believe. It's really good, much to my surprise.

I sipped the bitter liquid from the flimsy translucent plastic cup. Beer has never been one of the greater forms of alcohol, but I had a taste for it tonight. Hell, aren't I just surprising everyone lately? Just not the right person.

Every mop of black hair caught my attention and spiked my hope, only to be let down once they turned around. It was a torturous cycle, really. I nearly choked on my laughter when the male I had grown fond of tapped on my shoulder, convinced he had me figured out.

"Break the cycle already." He said with a chuckle, pulling out a bar stool, sitting beside me. I'll admit, he was kind of short. So watching the small lad situate himself on a stool happened to be the highlight of my night so far.

I downed the rest of the beer, crushing the cup absent-mindedly. He fumbled with the cup in his own hand, visibly struggling within himself.

"You always approach strangers this way?" I ask, searching his eyes.

He chuckled a bit. "We both know you're hardly a stranger."

I wanted to roll my eyes. If I had a dollar for every time I had heard that.

"I see you around town. You see me as well. Neither of us have really gained the courage to talk. Honestly, if I didn't have a few drinks in my system and an annoying ass mate, I would still be at home." He said with a slight giggle that I found more attractive than I should have.

I laughed at his words. Approaching a human is harmless. They can't do much unless equipped. I'm lethal alone. Even in my worst state, I put a human to shame in the way I kill and hunt. I mirror an animal in my ways. I am an animal. I'm a monster.

He ran a hand through his hair, sighing deeply. "I just wanted to maybe ask you on a date? When we're both sober."

Little does he know, I lack the ability to get drunk. I'd play along. I'd play the game I have the past couple of centuries. It's a programmed cycle I've not choice but play out. I'm not stupid enough to abandon the safe playing rules.

"I'm free tomorrow night." I offer up.

He smiled, showing off his white teeth as his eyes trailed down to the floor. He pulled a paper from his pocket and a pen, scribbling something down. "Pick me up here at nine." A devious smile played at his lips as he slid the crumpled paper to me.

Sweetheart, I don't need your address.

---

The day drug on as it usually tends to do. This time though, I had something to look forward to. My still heart had something to twist about. My brain had something to ponder other than the uselessness of my own existence.

Several times, I had glanced over my outfit, trying to convince myself I didn't give a shit. Anyone else would disagree. Maybe I cared a little too much and that can be dangerous.

Balz came in my room with a simple red flower. The stem was so dark it looked black, and the petals were the crimson of blood. The flower was dark and beautiful.

"Give this to that special someone." He said with a wink, setting it on my nightstand.

If I had any blood to rush to my face, I would've been blushing. Does Ricky even like flowers? I've never been romantically interested in a guy. I'm not too awfully familiar with how this works. The last girl- she loved flowers. Any kind. I smiled weakly, glancing at the rose. I shook my head and shoved the thoughts from my mind. Thinking about her won't fix what you've done.

I pocketed my keys, walking into the living room to tell the guys I'd be back before sunrise. They all payed less than no attention. I knew they'd beg for all the details later. Expecting it to be a girl. I've never really exploited my liking for men. It's never been a secret either.

It's just been a couple centuries since I've been with a guy. This time though, I wasn't just out for food or sex.

---

Nearly silently, I pulled up in front of his house. It was the plain white house you'd expect from a living complex in Pennsylvania. He sat outside on the front porch step with a cigarette hanging from his lips.

Just as the day I met- well, followed him- he wore a black hoodie with black skinny jeans, his black hair falling over his shoulders and pale face so stunningly. This kid and black. Not like I have any room to talk.

He glanced up, his eyes narrowing slightly. I chuckled at his curiosity. Though it sent a twinge of jealously that he'd be expecting anyone else but me. I act like we've been dating the entire time I've been following him. I can't expect him to be as familiar with me as I am him. Then again, he's not a creature designed to stalk.

I opened my door, stepping out and walking to the side he'd be sitting on. He gave me a strange look as I opened the passenger side door. "Aren't you coming?" I asked.

He smiled, shaking his head before he stomped out the remainder of his cigarette. "You're such a gentleman." He mocked a posh accent.

"I could be an asshole. Everyone assumes me to be anyways." I chuckled a bit, though it kind of made me sad. It shouldn't bother me. I do look like one. Sometimes I even play out the role.

I shut his door and went back to my side, slipping in the seat and putting it in drive. I never stopped it, so I didn't have to start it.

The cool night air whipped in through the partially cracked windows. Ricky sat in the passenger side, tapping his foot to an all too familiar beat I couldn't place.

Besides music, the ride was silent. Blissfully silent. I couldn't force myself to ask questions I already lnew the answer to when we're doing so well. Maybe when things get awkward - then I'll ask.

---

Ricky nearly choked on his own tongue when I brought him to a park. We literally played with chalk on the pavement, threw rocks into the lake, and sat on the edge of the bridge, talking as if we've known one another for a good bit of time.

This one- he isn't awkward. This isn't forced. It's almost as if our personalities are molding together, or already happened to be. I wouldn't put it past a mortal and a vampire. God likes to play his dirty little tricks too.

Hell knows he's played his part in my existence. Let's pray that this is one of his kinder notions. This one is actually - decent, dare I say it. Overwhelming in every way nonetheless. Especially his blood. Oh god - the smell. I pretend like it doesn't entice me when I'm drooling over it. Like I've said, his scent has only occurred once before. I missed my chance then. I'll be damned if I miss it this time.

Well, if I wasn't already damned.

----

You can't make me forget. You can't make me play dead. I swallowed your bullshit. No respeCT YOU MAKE ME FUCKING SICK

Chill Chrissy.

Seeing MIW and DWP November 5th :3

"Crawling from hell, falling from grace! There's nothing left that you can take!"

I'm gonna go sing this entire song 4739 times before I'm satisfied.

Comment lyrics to your favourite song by MIW?

-S