IV

The moonlight made everything seem so much more romantic. Or maybe I'm romanticizing everything because I know he was literally created for me. I'm left to choose in which way: to kill; or to fall for.

Sometimes you can't decide for yourself. Sometimes it's all up for fate. Which is the scary, considering fate doesn't apply to me. Besides, if Ricky ever found out what I was, he'd most likely freak out. I mean, who wouldn't?

That's what kind of angered me more than anything else. Even if I wanted and was destined to be more with Ricky, I couldn't ever do it. Things just didn't work out in such a way that'd allow me.

"Chris.." Ricky mumbles, pulling me from my thoughts. "You were slipping off again.."

I sigh quietly and nod. "I'm sorry."

Ricky captured his bottom lip in between his teeth. He looked almost nervous. Though the way he was biting his lip was driving me insane.

"I really enjoy these nights." He says with a soft and warm smile.

A lighthearted and easy chuckle passes my lips. "As do I."

He leaned against my shoulder as he looked out across the lake. It was small, but it was beautiful. I had only ever seen it at night. Though I imagine it was equally beautiful during the day.

At night, the stars and moon shone brightly above it and reflected over the calm water. I had thought about swimming before. Though I'm like a cat. I hate water. It just doesn't seem to get along with me.

"It's really beautiful." Ricky spoke quietly, though it seemed a lot louder now that we were beside a body of water. I nod in response.

God, I can't remember a time I was so content with how I was existing. I wasn't stressed or worried with Ricky by my side. I'd like to convince myself if was due to the calming state of the water and sky.

"You know, it's getting late. Maybe I should give you a lift?" I offer, shifting so he slipped off my shoulder and fell against my chest.

He nods, before sliding into my lap and straddling me. His arms lazily wrapped around my torso as he pushed against me. I slowly leant back into the soft grass.

"Chris.. You're so cold." He mumbles, squeezing my torso with his arms.

Yeah, I get that a lot.

"It's just a bit chilly, is all." I say softly with a faint laugh to ease any questions.

He nods and nuzzles into my chest. "Can we just sit for a little and then go?"

"Sure. Just not too late. You have work tomorrow."

Ricky groans in the likes of a child not getting their way. "It's just a stupid packaging store.. It can open just a few hours late."

"It's your packaging store. I promise we'll meet again tomorrow night." I press. Ricky stayed up way too much. This I know because when we weren't seeing one another in the night hours, he was texting me.

He gives a hesitant nod before snuggling close to my side. He shivers a bit and sighs quietly.

A small, involuntary smile comes to my lips. There's been several occasions Ricky has made me smile when nothing else could. I can't remember a time I smiled without a choice. It just happening.

I lie. I do. I'd rather just drown the thoughts of her.

"You're freezing. Let's get you in a warm car." I say, standing and lifting Ricky with ease.

The whole 'vampire' strength came in handy a lot. Though I feel like he wouldn't be too heavy anyway. He's a small boy. Well, man.

His legs dangled over one arm while his head nuzzled into my neck and shoulder. If I wasn't mistaken, quiet snores left the sleeping form.

Gently and carefully, I place him in the passenger side seat before getting in the drivers side. The car starts smoothly and soon envelops us in a warm embrace. I still haven't thanked Ryan.

---

A few minutes, almost a half hour later, I was pulling up at Ricky's house. I covered my ass well with that following him home thing. As a human, I was horrible with directions. I can still play it off and I did one night when I was to bring him home. Quite a wonderful actor if I'm honest.

Once parked on the side, I cut the engine and look over at him. He was still fast asleep in the black leather seat. A small smile, much like at the park covered my lips. I get out and go to his side. I knock on the window before opening the door.

"We're here?" He asks in a sleepy, half slurred tone. I nod a bit and pull him into my arms. The male shifts in my arms and fishes in his pockets. He hands me a small set of keys.

I chuckle and unlock the door, looking around as if I had only been here once. Which as far as he was concerned, I had been.

There was a staircase that lead to his room and a spare room upstairs. I take those stairs and go into his room. The walls were and offwhite, along with the carpet. His bed was black and grey. I set him down and think for a moment, before ever so softly pulling his clothes off. I did in fact have a gentle hand. He didn't stir nor wake as I changed his clothing.

Once I had his dressed, I kick my shoes off and they land on the carpet with a quiet thud. I slide under the sheets beside him. His arms almost instinctively and needily wrap around me as his face buries in my chest.

If I had any flowing blood, it'd flood my cheeks and I'd be blushing. The boy was asleep and still was so clingy. I found it scarily adorable. I was getting attached to the human..

···

I thought about making this longer.. but I wanted to switch p.o.v's so nah. Next chap will be in Ricky's p.o.v.

By the way, I'm so sorry for my absence omg. I had writers block to Hell.

-S