Chapter 23:

"Get in there!" The woman's voice was ruff like an old smoker. She shoved me inside the small cell. I stumbled over my feet, landing on the cold cement floor.

She slammed the barred cage door shut, letting it cling against the metal base as she turned the key, locking me away from the world. I whimpered softly to myself, afraid of what might be to come.

The woman was no older than twenty, and her pale skin tone made her look even younger. Her eyes were sunken in slightly, as if she hadn't slept in ages, and her skin clung to her bones, showing her malnourishment.

She cracked a grin. "We've been searching high and low for you," She snapped at me, looking me up and down, "If I knew you were this pretty, I'd of searched harder." The woman blew me a kiss and my eyes went a bit wide.

I pushed myself back against the hard cement wall, pressing my body to it as I asked in a shaking voice, "W-What are you going t-to do with me..."

Her lips formed a smirk. "I don't know honey, it's whatever the boss wants."

"Why would you even w-want to work for H-Harry!" I screeched, "He's a m-monster."

"Don't talk about our leader that way you ungrateful little rat!" She snapped at me, anger rising in her eyes. I slouched back, wishing to be gone as she yelled at me.

"Our Lord Harry has done so many great things for us, and you need to respect him!" Her face was twisted with anger, and she shook her head angrily at me, rolling her eyes, "Pathetic humans."

Without another word she walked away, leaving me alone in the small cold cell. I swallowed hard and allowed the tears to flow that had been begging for hours to be released. They streamed down my cheeks as I sobbed into my knees, hugging them tightly.

I rocked back and forth. This was all my fault. If I wasn't such an idiot.. If I wasn't such a god damn fool! I kicked my foot against the ground angrily, sighing as I wiped away a few tears.

I missed Andy. I missed him so much, and I couldn't even tell him. I couldn't apologize for what I'd done, I couldn't say my goodbyes, I couldn't do anything. He hates me and probably never wants to see my again, and who could blame him. What kind of girlfriend am I?

A lousy one, that's it.

My eyes looked around the dark room, trying to pick out exactly what was in the small room I was held in. I noted a small metal bed frame, holding up a thin matted mattress that was torn at the edges. Other than that, there was practically nothing. No dresser, no windows, not even a god damn toilet.

The cement floor was extremely cold, as were the walls. You'd expect it to be nice and toasty, maybe even too hot since it was down in Hell. But in all reality I felt I was in Alaska freezing myself to death.

It was an extremely small cell, maybe even smaller than my actual bedroom. I curled myself into a tight ball, rocking back and forth as I leaned my head against the cold cement. I could hear moans and cries from outside my cell door. They echoed around me. They sounded like lost souls trying to find a life again, which sent shivers up my spine.

Curiously, I crawled quietly over to the gate. My hands wrapped around the cold metal bars as I peered out. There was a long row of cells across from me, and I could see multiple cells to each side of mine as I stuck my head out through the bars just a bit.  There was a large drop off in between both sides, which held small tables and chairs I assumed was for the eating breaks. It was like an average prison building, but in Hell.

On my side, I saw lots of hands reaching far out of the cell door, trying to claw their way out. Some were regular, others had something different— claws, fur, whatever you could imagine.

On the other side, I could actually see the cell mates. I saw a young teenage girl off at the far left cell. She was curled in a tight ball, and I could hear her cries echo through the prison. My lip stick out a bit. I felt sympathy for the young girl, she was so terrified. I watched as one of the guards walk out through a steel door across the way. He was tall, slim, holding on his shoulder a large AK-47 that looked like it weighed more than him. I raised my eyebrows; they were illegal in the United States, but I guess those rules don't apply down in Hell.

He walked down the small pathway, looking into each cell. I watched as he walked past the young girl, and I screamed as she leapt at him. Her eyes were black as the night sky and her teeth were sharpened to a point. She held herself on the barred door as she reached out with one hand, wrapping her arm around his neck.

He yelled loudly, trying to pull away. She opened her mouth wide, about to sink her fangs deep into his neck before a gunshot was fired, and the girl fell on her back. The man brushed himself off and nodded at a young woman who was on the bottom level, her gun aimed at the cell.

He fumbled with the keys in his pocket. With a loud creak, her door swung open. He tossed his gun down to the woman and picked up the young girl, slumping her over his shoulder. Dark blood ran down from her heart, and her body was starting to stiffen. I covered my mouth as I watched him drag her out, disappearing behind a large door.

"Oh god," I mumbled to myself.

My eyes looked around to the other side. I found an older looking boy, maybe my age or possibly older, clutching at the bars. His teeth were clenched and there was rage on his face. "Let me out of this place!" He shouted angrily, "Let me out!"

His yells were masked by the hundreds of others coming from this room alone. He kicked at his bars that rattled loudly.

I sighed, slouching my shoulders in defeat as I rested my head on one of the bars. There was no getting out of this place, which meant Harry was going to punish me, and I would never see Andy again. Tears formed in my eyes once more, and I let out a small whimper to myself. How could I of been so stupid?

I hated myself so much. I wish I was dead, I wish I had never been alive truly. The world would've been better off without me. No troubles, no struggles, nothing at all.

This was all my fault. I should've never left Harry. If I hadn't left Harry, then Harry wouldn't be angry, I wouldn't be here, and Andy would still be an angel. I can't believe what I did to him.. Maybe I'm the reason he's not an angel. Maybe this is all my fault from the beginning. Maybe if I never met him...

My thoughts were interrupted by a low growl that echoed in my small cell. I flicked my head up, looking all around. The girls cell was still empty, and the boy was pressed against his wall, furiously punching at the cement. I scanned each cell until my eyes met a pair of bright blue ones.

I could only see the eyes in the dark cell, but they were magnificent. They were an electric blue, radiating so much light and beauty. The eyes bored into mine, and I couldn't look away. I watched as the pair of eyes grew a body as it stepped out of the inky darkness.

It's black fur was sleek as it stepped out one paw at a time, slowly but surely. It took its time, it's eyes never leaving mine as it approached the bars. The large wolf sat itself down, tilting its head to the side but never leaving my gaze. It's eyes; they were just so beautiful.. So mesmerizing..

So... Familiar?