Chapter 4

I woke up early Saturday morning to start on breakfast, and once it was ready I left it in my mom's room while she got ready for work. As soon as she left for work I headed for Daniel's house. The walk there was short, it felt longer though due to the grey sky. I knocked on his door and he let me in before running off to change. I followed him, but much slower. When I made it to his room he was changed, and he turned to me, "Let's go to the park. Oh, and then ice cream!"

"Lol yeah, let's go," I told him before running downstairs and outside. I waited for him to lock up before sprinting to the park, and it was a nice park because Daniel lived near the richer part of Gotham.

"I win!" I shouted at him when he finally caught up to me, he slowed to a stop and I stuck my tongue out at him, "Now, sir, I demand a piggy back ride. To the swings." He complied and carried me to the swings before dropping me. "Ouch," I mumbled. He smirked.

I sat on a swing and he sat on the one next to me. "You're paying for my ice cream, loser."

"Ugh," he grunted before trying to outswing me. I picked up the pace and soon I was beating him, ha, loser. Once we were high enough we jumped to see who could land farther, and for once he won.

"Ha!" he bragged, sticking his tongue out and dancing pathetically. "I win! I win!" Daniel sang.

"You're still paying," I grumbled.

"Yeah, I know," he retorted.

I walked away and turned back to him, "Let's go feed the ducks!" I squealed.

"Yeah fine," he told me before scurrying off to find bread or duck food.

"Yay!" I ran after him, and after he got the food we headed down the worn trail to the duck pond. I grabbed a bag and his hand, then dragged him along with me. "Let's go!" I shouted. I stopped abruptly and turned to him, "Wait," I said seriously.

"What?" he questioned.

"I want a piggy back ride," I squealed. He sighed before turning to let my clamber onto his back. Best. Friend. Ever.

We finally arrived at the duck pond and I hopped off his back, and with bird feed in my hand and him trailing after me I went to the edge of the duck pond. I stuck my hand out to the prettiest duck, and when he came over I fed him. Danny tried to feed my duck before I told him to find his own duck. I soon had a lot of ducks surrounding me, and shortly after I ran out of food. I walked to Danny to pet the group of ducks he had acquired. When he finished feeding them we headed back to the main part of the park to wait for the ice cream truck.

"Dude," Daniel called out to me. I glared, I hated being called 'dude.' "Er, Ems, look who it is," he said, pointing to Dick and Barbara. Kelli was there too.

"Awe, you're little girlfriend is here," I told Danny, making him blush. When they looked over I quickly turned away, "They're looking, look away. Danny!" I told him, of course his slow self stared them straight on. "Danny," I grumbled. He looked over at me apologetically. I glared at him. I looked back at my peers to see them walking our way, Kelli in the lead, followed by Dick, and lastly Barbara. I heard the ice cream truck though, so I tugged on Daniel's arm before pulling him towards the pink van. "I want cookies and cream," I mumbled, he nodded before leading me to the truck to buy my prize. He got some ice cream and I thanked him. Turning back to the park, we walked to a bench to sit, and shortly after our peers came over to join us.

"Hey," Kelli said shyly, Daniel was so into his ice cream he didn't notice, so I nudged him, hard.

He looked up before stuttering, "H-hi Kelli."