Chapter 1: Complicated

This amazing story does not belong to me, all credits go to the Peanut61654 on Fanfiction.net. This lovely author-senpai is extremely talented, so please go check out their other works!

Link to Peanut's FF.net account:
https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4774069/Peanut61654

XXX

Gray Fullbuster's life was not normal. Instead of having to be worried about school and being popular like any other teen in the world, he had to worry about being ready to rule over a whole city.

"Prince Gray!" A scarlet haired woman shouted loudly.

The raven prince winced and rolled over in his very large and feather-like bed.

"Five more minutes..." Gray groaned.

The woman shook her head and pushed the raven out of bed.

"Fine fine I'm up, Erza!" He grumbled as he sat up, rubbing the bump that was forming on the back of his head.

He looked at one of his personal assigned knights. She was a force to be reckoned with but she also had a crazy caring side.

"You need to get ready for your piano lesson." The scarlet haired knight put simply.

Gray sighed. He didn't understand the importance of playing the piano but he was forced to learn anyway. The prince dismissed Erza with the flick of his wrist. The knight was not very happy about it but she walked out to the hall anyway. Gray went to his closet and pulled out a white shirt and some jeans. He smirked at the thought of everyone's reaction to him wearing them. They all got worked up over everything he did that wasn't 'prince like' and it made the raven laugh. Of course being the prince of Fairy Tail had its perks but there was so many cons to follow. Gray stepped out of his room and into the long, winding hall way. A bunch of paintings hung on the pretty, red walls and the floor was warm wood paneling. The raven passed the occasional door but had to go to the room at the end of the hall. Gray finally got to the end and the door was already wide open, beautiful music filled his ears. A blonde haired teen sat gracefully in front of a grand piano. Her fingers moved smoothly from key to key and she seemed to be deep in the song. Gray didn't want to disturb his teacher but the blonde's eyes slowly opened and she stopped mid song.

"Gray!" She cried.

"Hello, Princess Lucy..." Gray muttered with fake cheeriness.

Lucy was his piano teacher, a princess of a neighboring city, and his fiancé. Of course Gray's father, King Alastair, forced Lucy and Gray to get engaged so that way the royal family would live on and the two cites would join together after many years of fighting. Lucy was a wonderful girl and all but Gray hated that he had no choice but to marry her. Lucy gave Gray a big hug and a sweet peck on the cheek.

"Let's start playing shall we?" The blonde giggled as she grabbed Gray's wrist and pulled him to the piano.

Gray's piano playing was pretty bad. He just couldn't memorize all the keys and notes. All of it frustrated the prince. Gray noticed Erza standing near the door with slight amusement in her eyes. Gray scoffed and focused on the movement of his fingers on the white keys. Lucy was cheering him on and telling him he was doing just fine. Finally about an hour passed and the painful lesson was over. Gray sighed as he got up from the bench.

"Lets go to the garden." Lucy suggested.

Gray snorted at the thought. The garden wasn't a very good garden. Due to the dryness of the soil and the sand around Fairy Tail, it was hard for planets to grow. So the royal garden only consisted of a few brittle shrubs and some molting trees. Gray only nodded, not wanting to upset the princess. The pair walked out to the garden, accompanied by Erza and sat on one of the benches. It was boiling hot and the air was sticky so naturally Gray's shirt disappeared. Lucy looked at Gray almost sadly. The blonde knew that the raven didn't want to be with her but they were both forced to be. It hurt because she had fallen in love with the prince along the way but she knew her love may never be returned. Prince Gray gazed at some ants that crawled around near their feet not really paying attention the brooding blonde. He watched as the little black ants got into a little line and followed their leader back to the ant hole that was only a few inches away. The ants reminded the raven of the citizens of Fairy Tail. How they all blindly followed his father and one day all the presser would transfer to his shoulders. The teen shivered at the thought. He didn't want all the responsiblity but he had no choice in the matter. Every important decision in his life was already pre-made and the raven hated it. Lucy watched Gray as his face scrunched up with frustration. She wondered what was on the young prince's mind.