Chapter 8: Erza and Levy

This amazing story does not belong to me, all credits go to the Peanut61654 on Fanfiction.net. This lovely author-senpai is extremely talented, so please go check out their other works!

Link to Peanut's FF.net account:
https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4774069/Peanut61654

Gray was walking next to Lucy, looking at his feet. The wind outside stung Gray's face. A breeze ripped through the sand, sending it flying. The sky was all different shades of pink, orange, and yellow and the moon slowly raised in the sky.

The prince was scared. He didn't know how the whole plan would play out. He was also worried about Natsu...Gray mentally scolded himself for even being worried about the former slave. He had powers so he would be fine-

The raven suddenly slammed into the back of the person in front of him. The group came to a halt.

"Whats going on?" Gray whispered to Lucy, who gazed over to the front of the group.

"It looks like there is a whole bunch of guards inspecting people before they go to the square," the teen replied with a frown.

Gray hoped that Lyon and Natsu would start the distraction soon. A sudden gust of strong wind blew from in front. Everyone instantly grabbed their hoods. Gray's reaction was to late and his hood flew off. Right when that happened, a blue haired woman was making her way past the group so she could get to the public square. She instantly spotted the prince and let out a squeal.

"Prince Gray!" She called out, hearts in her eyes.

Gray froze in place, his hand against the fabric of the hood. He recognised the girl's voice. Her name was Juvia. The prince's blue eyes were widened and he hoped if he didn't answer her then she would leave, but the girl did just the opposite. The blunette pranced over to the raven.

"Why are you ignoring Juvia?" She whimpered as she got closer to the teen.

Freed and Evergreen ran up behind Juvia. Freed placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a smile.

"Is something wrong, Miss?"

The teen shook her head but smiled cheerfully. "Juvia just saw Prince Gray and thought Juvia would say hello."

Evergreen grinned with fake sweetness. "Oh really? Where did you see him?"

Gray gulped and looked up at Lucy, hoping she would know what to do. Juvia pointed at the group and the knights stalked over to them.

Lucy grabbed Gray by the shoulders and pulled him into a nearby alleyway. The rest of group wasn't as lucky. They all hid their faces and tried their best to act natural as the knights questioned them. Gray could hear the conversation between Freed and Jellal.

"Can you tell me you name, sir?" Freed asked in a suspicious tone.

Before Jellal could open his mouth to answer a loud explosion sounded ahead of them. Freed and Evergreen ran off, forgetting about the group and focusing on the new disturbance.

Jellal smirked and made a 'follow me' motion with his hand. The group ran off in the direction of the platform. The prince heard the knight's cries and Natsu's shouts. He gulped as he saw the execution platform. Few guards held the girls and pressed swords to their necks. The girl's arms and legs were bound together. Tears streamed down Levy's face while Erza's face looked angered.

The whole crowd had their eyes on Natsu and Lyon who were knocking out knights left and right. King Alistair sat on a throne next to the platform with a smug look on his face. Mirajane and Elfman stood at his side.