Chapter 7: Plans

This amazing story does not belong to me, all credits go to the Peanut61654 on Fanfiction.net. This lovely author-senpai is extremely talented, so please go check out their other works!

Link to Peanut's FF.net account:
https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4774069/Peanut61654

Natsu was sitting awkwardly in the dining hall. Wendy was still asleep and Lucy had left the other night and went back home so her father wouldn't worry too much. Smoke rose from the pan that Cana was cooking with a shrivelled up egg sizzled in the pan. Some burnt pieces of bacon were on a plate next to her and a bottle of whisky was in the brunette's hand. Natsu was surprised about how early he had woken up. He was about to go and wake up Wendy when the door flew open. Gray ran inside along with Jellal and a girl with short white hair.

Gray waved a paper in the pinkette's face. He snatched it out of the raven's hand with a hiss of annoyance.

"What is it?" Natsu grumbled as he eyes scanned over the flyer.

His head shot up with wide green eyes. He couldn't believe that two people who tried to help them were being sentenced to death. The pink haired teen saw the alarm in Gray's face and he felt bad for the prince . The pinkette's eyes glanced over to Jellal, whose face showed no expression but his hands were balled up into fists.

"So will you help or not?" Gray asked, looking the pinkette right in the eyes.

Natsu didn't know what to do. He wanted to help the girls that he owed his escape to, but then again he didn't want to get into any further trouble.

"Please Natsu," The raven added in a hushed tone.

The pinkette nodded his head in agreement and got up off of his chair.

"When are we going to leave?"

XXX

Gray followed Natsu and Jellal to the rebel's 'battle planning' room. In the middle of the large room was a huge wooden table with paper and pens scattered on top. There was a whiteboardon the left wall and two couches on the other side. Gray noted that it didn't seem as high-tech as he had imagined but he had more important things on his mind. He was worried. The prince prayed that they would be able to save his knight. He had known the red-head for as long as he could remember. Erza was a very important person in the raven's life and he didn't want to lose her. Jellal walked over to the table and grabbed a pen. Natsu stood next to him and glared at the blank piece of paper.

"What is our plan?" Gray asked, walking over to the table.

"Obviously we can't just go walking out there without some sort of disguise," the pinkette said.

"We can use some hoods," Jellal replied as he scribbled something on the paper.

They spent the next hour trying to come up with a plan to save Erza and Levy. Lucy arrived in the middle of their planning and stayed to help. In the end they gathered a small group of people to join them on their rescue mission. Gray felt his heart stammer in his chest. The prince didn't know if the plan would work out. He knew his father had a few tricks up his sleeve.

After they looked over the plan and made sure it was as fool-proof as it could be, Jellal went to gather the people they went to check on the food supplies, leaving Natsu and Gray alone.

Gray looked over at the pinkette who was looking down at his feet. The raven felt he should say something but didn't know what. An awkward silence hung between them.

Maybe I should talk about what happened in the prison? He thought and opened his mouth to speak.

"About what happened back at the castle...I uh understand why you...kissed me," Natsu said suddenly, looking up at the prince.