Chapter 2: The Soup

This amazing story does not belong to me, all credits go to the Peanut61654 on Fanfiction.net. This lovely author-senpai is extremely talented, so please go check out their other works!

Link to Peanut's FF.net account:
https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4774069/Peanut61654

XXX

Gray grimaced. He was in the kitchen with his father. That wasn't the worst of it though. King Alastair held a sharp knife in his hand.

"Alright all you have to do is cut your finger and let only a drop of blood fall in this soup. Do not put in more than one drop you hear me?" The raven man instructed as he thrust the knife toward Gray.

"W-why not?" The prince quivered, hating to have his father's eyes on him.

His father's deep blue eyes seemed to be analysing everything he did.

"It would be poisonous. Didn't you learn anything in practice?" The king scoffed.

Hearing about how to use cancelling magic was one thing but using is was a whole different thing. Gray took the knife silently. He had no choice but to follow through with making the pink haired leader his slave now. With one little movement he sliced the pad of his finger. It stung like getting a deep paper cut. The raven squeezed his finger till a small tear drop of blood fell toward the bowl of soup below. Gray felt his heart sink to his stomach as one of the maids took the bowl to the room next door. In that room was Natsu who had no idea the sweet soup would easily be his undoing. King Alastair grinned at Gray with pride and amusement in his eyes.

"Why did you get me a slave anyway?" Gray piped up.

"I never do get you gifts, do I? I thought since I was near the Tribe, I'd go on a little shopping spree." His father answered, grin still in place. "And Gray, we need to go to the city today."

The prince frowned. His father always gave him vague answers to every question, from how a war went to how his mother died. Nothing that came out of the king's mouth made any damn sense to the raven. It was so frustrating. Going to the city meant that Gray would have to act like a real prince. They would be around adoring citizens who came to tell them news or ask questions or to just see them. It was ever so often they went out to the little city a few meters from the royal castle. Gray knew that Erza would come along for some protection. They usually didn't need to bring extra guards due to the area being pretty peaceful. With that King Alastair walked out of the kitchen beckoning his son to follow.

XXX

Natsu was sitting in a lonely but fancy room. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, covered in dust. A large wooden table stood in the middle of the room with multiple broken chairs surrounding it. The pinkette was huddled in a corner, thinking of how he even got into this mess in the first place. The teen's heart burned for home. He missed his friends and hoped for their safety. While sitting in the dusty, airless room the young leader knew that he would never get to see any of his treasured people again. He was just a mere slave for one of the highest ranking people living in Fairy Tail. Natsu was now at the beck and call of some annoying prince. The pinkette stuffed his face in his hands, and decided it was better not to think. Now he was left with the eerie quiet of the barley used room.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. A maid with long bleach blonde hair and a petite frame waltzed through the door with a steaming bowl in her hands. Many scents filled Natsu's highly sensitive nose. A mixture of warm chicken broth, chunks of thoroughly spiced chicken and...blood? The pinkette could've sworn that he smelled the coppery and familiar scent of blood coming from the bowl. The maid gave him the bowl with a smile and left the room without even a word. Natsu looked at the yellowish, brownish soup with suspicion then down at his torn up black vest, bloody white scarf, and dirty baggy black pants. Maybe the smell was coming from himself and not the delicious looking soup. The captured tribe leader's stomach growled, demanding the soup. Without further hesitation he scarfed down the contents of the bowl. Natsu set the little ceramic bowl next to him on the soft carpeted floor and wiped off the remains of the broth off his lips. The pink haired teen crossed his arms and sighed. His eyes were so very heavy. He felt weak and lazy so he just closed his eyes for a moment's rest.