chapter 4

I follow him, and for the first time, see exactly what this place is.

They went with the open concept here, two stories of cells on one wall. Metal stairs in the center, that lead to the balcony and the second floor of cells. Very nice very nice. I see how my cell neighbors have hung sheets in front of the doorways to personalize them a bit.

Cute.

"Now this is cell block C. You can stay here if you want. Or if you decide you want to move else where, you will have to run it by the council. There shouldn't be a problem, we just want to know where you are." he looks back at me nodding. He must like their little system, maybe it was his idea.

Very cute.

"You said 'we', I guess that means you are apart of the council..Good to know." I look him up and down, acting like i'm up to no good. He seems to want to get my joke, but isn't sure how to respond. I just let a giggle out, then sigh at my failed little flirting spat.

Rick smiles after some time, "Yeah, thats me. There is also, Glenn, Hershel, Daryl, Sasha, and I believe you have met Carol." we continue to walk threw the cell block to a barred door on the far wall.

"Yeah I did, I like her. Not just because she brought me food." I may be trying to hard with the small talk, but Rick seems to be responding well. "She seems like the 'get-r-done' type. I think we will get along." I smile, having my hopes high for a friendship.

Rick swings the door open nodding at my judgment, "Yeah, you could say that."

We walk through to what seems like a darkened maze of hallways. He doesn't close the door behind him. Must mean this whole area is safe. AWESOME!

We walk a bit until we come to a fork in the hall, "Now these are the tombs, It can get pretty dark down here, so at night, bring a flashlight.". I nod, focusing on what he is saying. I don't want to break any roles that might pop up.

"Now down this way will be another choice, you go left to the showers, and right to the offices." he looks back at me to make sure I follow. "Y-you have showers?" I am dumbfounded and filled with excitement.

"Yes we do." he smiles at my obvious happiness. "I can't wait!" I hop a little in spite of myself.

Rick giggles now, "Okay, i'll make sure you are covered there, we have some rules, but I don't want to kill your little happy spell just yet. I'll introduce you to some ladies, they will show you the ropes." I force myself to calm down, and nod, hearing what he is saying, still with a huge smile on my face. "Okay, sounds amazing."

He nods back, still showing how my sudden mood change is affecting him. "We are going to head this way," He points dead ahead, "This is the way to the other cell blocks." we start walking, the hall suddenly getting very dark. "Right now we only have people in blocks C and D." I am trying to listen and not trip at the same time. My hands start moving in front of me, not trusting that there is nothing in my way.

My boot gets caught on something and I start to fall forward. I brace myself for impact, but get stopped by Rick's' back.

"Oh!" I let out at the sudden stop. I can feel my face get hot. That sounded really sexul. God damn it! I push myself off of him and get back on my feet. "S-sorry. Let me check my shoe laces really quick. I bet that's our culprit." I let out a nervous giggle. I am such a dork!

I kneel down and start feeling at my boots. That's what it was.

"l-I'm sorry too," he stuttered. Wait! He just stuttered! Is he nervous too? What a cutie!

"I forget that most people aren't used to walking in really dark halls like this. Suppose you just get used to it."

I stand back up and dust my pants off. "Okay, I'm good. Are you good? I'm good." I start walking towards the light at the end of the hall. Come on Rose, you are better than this. Don't let this hunk get to your brain!

I slow my pace down and let Rick take the lead again. He clears his throat, "Follow me down here, i'll introduce you to some people." We make it to the end of the road. So this is cellblock D.

It is basicly the same layout as cell block C, but there are people out and about here. Whole families.

"You have kids?" I ask seeing a couple blond-haired girls playing tag with another younger boy.

His thumbs find the lip of his belt and he hangs his hands there, very cowboy, he switched his weight to one leg, taking in the scene. "Yeah, yeah we do. I brought them back from another group. Their leader had attacked us, then he disappeared. We tried to find him at the town his group was at, but all we found was a lot of scared people, kids, families. I couldn't just leave them." He is watching the kids play, though his eyes look like he is somewhere else.

"Wow, thats really amazing. You don't find people like you around anymore.." a sad smile creeps onto my face. "Maybe I should stick it out a bit longer." He looks at me questionably, but then turns to leave the cell block, "If you follow me back, we can see if there is something you can do. There is always work to be done." I can feel the hopeless feeling return, I barely heard what he said. But I nod and start to follow.

He stops at the doorway and looks me in the eyes, he seems serious, "Hey," He gently grabs my shoulder, and I snap back, to focus back on him, "Don't trip this time.". I can't fight the grin that forms on my face. He lets out a soft giggle and lets his hand fall from my shoulder. We start walking, "You can't stop me." I say back, a little flirty, feeling myself again. "Apparently I can, I'll just stay in front of you, wouldn't want you to damage that cute face of yours." he giggles. "Oh shush!" I blush, pushing the back of his shoulder. He's flirting back! YAY! Oh, I could get used to this.

----------------------------------------------------------

Putting out them chapters like it's nobodies' business!! No lol, I'm on fall break right now. I don't have a lot to do so why not right and maybe entertain a couple others who have nothing to do too! Anyway, YAY Rick and Rose flirting am I right! So cute! I ship them. (duh) Anyway hope you liked. And i'll be getting the next chapter out soon!

P.S. should i be separating roses thoughts from her description. I kinda like it the way it is, but hey, i'm not the one reading it for the first time. Any constructive criticism is welcomed!