Chapter 1

"Mystic Falls? Really Mum?" I moaned as we passed a sign that said "Welcome". Wow this is all I get? A welcome? After leaving everything- sorry after being forced to be here.

"Stop maiming Emma, that's what you said about the last town. I'm your mother I know you'll like it here" mum said taking her eyes off the road to look at me. I didn't want to make eye contact cause I knew she was right. She continued to look at me. I could feel her gaze on me. She sighed and inhaled, then focused on the road.

"And you'll make new friends" she added. She wanted the best for me, it's what every mother wants for her child, but moving every 6 months and turning their life upside down isn't what every child wanted. I had friends already. I don't want to make anymore.

"Whatever" I said under my breath and looked down at my phone. Scrolling through my music I put on King For a Day by Pierce the Veil. I inserted my headphones in and let the music take over. My only escape was my music playlist. I could listen to it for hours.

I have no idea how she can just forget and move on. My dad died and shes expecting me to make friends and already get comfortable in a new house and new town without my best friends to help me get through. After my dad passed they were always there for me and helped me whenever I broke. They were the only thing keeping me together. But now their all the way across the estate. That isn't much help now is it?

**********

I slowly awoke as the clattered of plates echoed through the house. Slowly in taking my new room. Quiet a big room for me. My old one was quiet small and I was able to arrange everything how I wanted. In the corner was a wardrobe. Next to that was a door that led to the bathroom. In the middle was a bed. Comfy to be honest. That's pretty much all there was except a double window with black curtains. At least something represented me.

I walked over to the window and opened it for some fresh air slowly gazing at the houses across the street and made my way downstairs. As i walked into the kitchen a sudden smell hit me.

"Omg mum I'm starving" I chuckled as she placed some forks and knives on the table.

"Chill yourself, it's like you haven't eaten in months " My brother, Josh mumbled as he walked through the kitchen door looking very dead. Josh had blond hair and brown eyes the same as my mum. However I had a deep shade of brown and brown eyes. I didn't mind the difference.

"Well i haven't eaten all day and I don't know about you but I'm hungry" I giggled and took the plate that was placed in front of me. I added the food to it. This is the first time my mum has cooked something. Normally she would but something ready cooked. I can tell she's trying to change her ways.

"So im putting you in a new school starting a a week from now. Don't hate me but you two need the education and a distraction from....everything. This can help you with your social stuff as well." Josh and I both lifted our heads from our plates. Neither of us looking pleased with the words that have just come out of her mouth.

"A new school? Mum we've only been here an hour. And in a week? Don't you think we need a little longer to settle in?" I calmly spoke. I didn't want this dinner to break into an argument. Josh turned his attention my way and nodded, agreeing with me. My mother however completely ignored me question and looked back down. From then on we continued to eat in silence. Way to ruin my dinner mum.

"Are you guys satisfied with your rooms?" She broke the heavy silence and looked at us.

"I haven't had time to look around but I'm sure a little decoration will fix everything." I said, not making any eye contact. I didn't want her to think that the school thing is now ok.