Chapter 7 | Telling The Parents #2

'You said what?!' I turned round and I saw my parents glaring at me...
I jumped as I saw them. I dropped the cup that I was drying with a tea towel. It smashed. I covered my mouth with my hands and said
'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm... S...sorry' then I ran off, Tom tried to grab my arm but I was too fast, then I was grabbing my keys and phone , opening the door closing it and then running back to mine and Noah's crying. When I got inside Noah was in the living room, he heard me when I came through the door. He got up and ran over to me, he hugged me tight while I cried into his chest, making his top all wet with my tears.
'Penny, what happened?!' He asked worriedly.
When I could finally catch my breath to speak I said...
'When I was having a cup of tea and some biscuits with my parents and Tom. Tom spotted my ring so I said to my parents that we would go clean the dishes. When we were alone, Tom asked me if I was engaged to you and I told him yes and how we got engaged. Then my parents heard us talking because we were talking to each other with our backs to the kitchen door. When I turned round I saw my parents there and they were just like you said what?! And then I jumped. I dropped the cup that I was drying with a tea towel, it then smashed and then I covered my mouth and kept saying I'm sorry, I'm sorry, then I burst into tears, ran off but Tom tried to grab my arm but I was too fast then I grabbed my keys and phone then ran home.'
I started crying harder.
I didn't know what to do.
'Awwh, Penny, don't cry. Please. For me. Everything will be fine. I'm sure.' Noah said reassuringly. After I stopped crying. I was still whimpering, I was on the sofa cuddled up to Noah. I was half asleep so Noah carried me bridal style to our bed. Took my dress off for me, put one of his big tops on me and put me in bed and covered me with the covers. I fell asleep.

Noahs POV...

After I put penny to bed. I went downstairs, I sat down on the sofa for about a minute before the door bell rang. I sprung up quickly opened the door, it was Tom. I told him to be quiet as Penny was asleep upstairs.
'Penny told me everything, she was crying her eyes out when she got in. I was really worried.' I said to Tom. He nodded and then said
'How is she? My parents are in shock. But I told them how you two felt and that the wedding wouldn't be until a few years later. And I told them that Penny told me that she was going to tell them but didn't know how to. She was so scared.'
'I know. She kept on panicking about what they would say. But she's fine. She was really tired after all that crying. She was crying for about 2 hours straight'
I said to Tom.
About and hour and half later Tom was still here and we were talking about how me and penny had plans for the future. Eventually we heard penny open the door and walk down stairs to where we were sat. She was surprised to see Tom.
'PENNY!' Tom shouted as he ran up to her lifting her in the air and he hugged her.
'Put me down Tom' she said laughing. So Tom put her down.
It was good to see she was laughing again. But as soon as she remembered what had happened her eyes filled up with tears. I got up and hugged her picking her up bridle style and putting her on the sofa with her head in my chest. I kissed her forehead. Running my fingers through her hair as she had a blanket over her. Tom was sitting on the other side of the sofa. I mouthed to him that I will tell penny about what her parents said about us getting married.
Tom nodded and then got up and said to us both
'Right I'm going to go now. Thanks for lunch Noah it was nice spending some manly time together. Bye penny. Hope you feel better soon.' He saw himself out as I couldn't get up.

Authors Comment:
So I hope you lot like this. I just had a brain wave and it all just came out. There's loads more which I'm just going to type out into the next chapter. This chapter was a lot bigger and longer than the last few because it's been ever so hard thinking if ideas. But as I was doing nothing I thought I would type. You will hopefully be getting more chapters soon because school finishes next week on Friday 23rd October. But something very special and exciting is happening that day. But I wasn't planning to tell you but I will tell you anyway. On that Friday I am getting my new puppy. She's a cockapoodle named Poppy. She's adorable. I will try and put a photo in at the top so if there isn't one. Sorry but I will try. And if you see it at first and are a bit confused you would understand now. And if I don't upload a lot it will be because I have another dog and you have to favouritism her over poppy and you have to spend time with her to ,sake sure she knows she's not being replaced. But anyway. I will stop rambling on and let you get on with your day. Love you all X

Word count:982

Megsx💛