Life is too short for so much Sorrow.

HEY! So.... This chappie will have a ton of Percabeth. A TON. There will be a song played Soooo yeah! Hope you guys like Shawn Mendes! BTW, the song is "Never Be Alone," By Shawn Mendes. If the link doesn't work you might want to search it on Youtube for effect. ;)

Last thing, promise. This chapter is dedicated to Adriheartspercabeth, for helping with finding the song. Now go ahead and read this chapter!

Percy's POV

I barely felt Annabeth's muscular arms carrying me toward my bed in the Argo II. She placed me gently on the soft, white covers. I sighed in relief and leaned into the most comfortable surface I had felt for a long, eight months. (Remember, 1 day is a month on Polyphemus' island. Percy had been captured for 8 days in the mortal world so that equals 8 months.) The bed squeaked as Annabeth sat down next to me. A radio played softly in the background. My eyes flickered open as she stroked my grubby, unshaven face. She kissed my lips gently and I responded as much as I could.

I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound

Annabeth ran her hand through my unruly, disgustingly dirty hair but she didn't care.

Right now it's pretty crazy
And I don't know how to stop or slow it down

Hey, I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

Take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart

You'll never be alone [2x]

I groaned in satisfaction as Annabeth deepened the kiss.

You'll never be alone
When you miss me close your eyes
I may be far but never gone

When you fall asleep tonight just remember that we lay under the same stars

And hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

Finally, we broke apart. I looked into my Wise Girl's eyes.

"I missed you," I whispered softly trying to fight the feeling of exhaustion, but it was pointless. I could already see darkness creeping toward me.

"Sleep well," Annabeth told me and my last sight was of her turning away and trying stifle the sounds of her tears. I fell asleep to the last verses of the song.

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart

You'll never be alone [5x]

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart

You'll never be alone

***

When I woke up again, the first thing I saw was the beautiful New York skyline through the window. I could feel the slight dip of the floor, the Argo II was descending. I vaguely felt my shredded tail hanging off the foot of my bed and the rest of my horrendous injuries. I however was completely used to the feeling of pain, though I really did miss being whole and healthy. Then the Argo II landed. I heard the sound of people traveling up to the deck. Someone then opened my door. It was my Dad.