Epilogue

Aubrey's POV

I blinked open my eyes to see my family staring down at me. Their faces split into wide grins as they all yelled, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Six year old Rowena laughed happily and waved her fists in the air. Mom leaned forward and kissed my forehead gently, brushing my black hair out of my gray eyes.

"Happy 14th Birthday, sweetie."

"Thanks Mom." I told her smiling.

My Dad looked at me with tear filled green eyes, "You're growing up so fast." I laughed.

"Don't worry Daddy," I said in a baby voice. "I'll always be your pwincess." He laughed and scooped me up easily and placed me gently on the floor. The ten year old twins, Luke and Charlie ran around me, chattering happily.

"Come on sissy! Let's go see your cake!" Charlie cried and pulled me down the stairs, Luke pushing me from behind. My Dad carried little Rowena down the stairs as Mom took a camera and snapped a picture of us running down the stairs. I sat down in front of the three tiered blue cake with light green icing. I grinned and swiveled around to see my parents.

"Do you like it?" Dad asked eagerly. I nodded.

"Who's ready for their special Birthday Breakfast?" My mother sang cheerily as she placed a stack of blue pancakes and bacon in front of me. I dug in as the rest of my family did the same.

"Are we going to see our Aunties and Uncles today?" Luke asked brushing his wavy blonde locks out of his eyes.

"Of course Lukey. We have to celebrate Aubrey's birthday!" Dad answered cheerily while stuffing his mouth with pancakes and bacon. Luke scowled at 'Lukey' while Mom stared disapprovingly at Dad's eating habits.

"Perseus Jackson...." The rest of her words were in Greek and as I could only understand the most basic words, I didn't understand what she had said. Luke however, who had inherited our mother's smart genes laughed.

After finishing breakfast I dashed upstairs to put on the blue dress Mom had bought for me. I hastily tied my curly black hair into a semi-neat ponytail as the clock hit 9 o'clock in the morning. When I got back downstairs, my family were all ready for the beach, even the Twins who normally took an hour just to get dressed.

We all climbed eagerly into our mint green mini van and drove toward Camp. Dad hid the car by pushing the invisibility button Uncle Leo had installed for our car. It was to help protect from unwanted monsters and evil gods. Both my parents were well known demigods, especially among monsters. I moved my hand unconsciously toward my charm necklace which turned into a bow and arrow when pulled. I was frankly the best archer in my family, with my Dad being the worst.

As a precaution, Dad always went first, with Mom the last. We had avoided being killed many times that way. I followed Dad through the woods. When the dense trees finally opened up, it revealed a pristine white-sanded beach. Our friends who milled about the beach yelled, "Happy Birthday," when they spotted me.

The kids all swarmed me grinning. I was the eldest of the legacies, though I was not the tallest. Max, Uncle Jason and Auntie Piper's eldest son was the tallest, though he was two months younger than myself. Silena, the third eldest in our group hugged me tightly, her blond hair tied in a neat braid going down her back. Though she was only eleven, she had an impeccable sense of fashion. The youngest of Jason's and Piper's children was the only brown haired one, Jacob. He was eight and hugged me tightly, his kaleidoscope colored eyes shining. I rubbed his hair fondly and returned Silena's hug. Max smiled kindly at me, his sky blue eyes flashed in the sun. "Hey Aubrey! Happy Birthday!" My heart fluttered just a bit at his words.