Chapter 3

Zoey's P.O.V

He walked me home that night, we were both silent but it wasn't that normal awkward silence. It was nice. Peaceful. I liked it.
He had given me his jacket for warmth, he thinks I might of developed the cold and I needed to keep warm.

We got to my front door. I turned to him and thanked him and promised I'd bring him in his jacket when I see him at work this weekend.
He walked away into the night, and I watched as his figure disappeared.
I turned and opened the door.

'I'm home!' I shouted out to no one in particular.
I stood the hall for several seconds against our wooden door smiling to myself, cherishing the warmth of his jacket.

I couldn't understand what was going on in my head and in my heart but it didn't matter in those couple of minutes, I just wanted to be happy.

I looked up to see my mum drying her wet hands down with a rag looking at me.
'Hey sweety, you look happy. Did you pop into see Mark?' She questioned me.
I paused.
'No actually, Elliot walked me home. I'm just happy cause I got a free cake out if it' I lied.

My dear mother just smiled and  wandered back into the kitchen to continue with her house work.

I walked slowly into my living room, it was dark. My dad was asleep on the sofa. He had a picture in his hands holding it close to his heart. I could make it out. It was my dad as a kid holding a football, and his mum holding him. My grandma. He must of been to her grave too and got upset. I walked towards him and pulled a blanket over him and kissed his wrinkled forehead.
I tiptoed up the Creaky olde Posen stairs not making much sound, before diving into bed.

'Mark! Mark don't go! I'm sorry!' I shouted out.
The room was filled with smoke and fire. It burned my skin and clothes. The pain was everlasting, uncovering new layers of skin each time it burned away the last.
I coughed and spluttered looking around as marks shadow disappeared.
He was angry at me. I didn't understand why. He left me. He couldn't look a me. What had I done?

'Z-Zoey!'
My eyes opened up in a flash.
I was sweating. And my head was spinning. It was only a dream...a nightmare. It took me several seconds to realise who was in front of me.
It was Mark.

'Your mum let me in' he said as he sat on my bed side. 'Are you okay? You were saying my name and shouting for me not to go and that you were sorry...' He started.

'It was just a night mare' I confessed sitting up wiping my head and then realising my boyfriend was sitting on my bed watching my every move. And I was a MESS. I could feel my cheeks burning up as I slid deeper and deeper under my covers.

'Hey where you going?' He joked as he tried to pull them away from me.

I finally gave up, because I'm smart and I have a plan! I let him pull the blanket of off me and he went to tackle me for a hug but cause I'm 'smart' I rolled out of the way...and of the bed. Landing on the cold hard floor with a thud.
'I-I'm okay!' I shouted springing to life and legged it to the toilet to get dressed.

After 20 minutes I was 'presentable' well as presentable as I ever was going to get and walked out of my bath room and into my room.

I stood by the door scanning my room, but no mark was in sight.

'Uh, Mark?' I asked to my empty room.
I stood one step inside and suddenly I was tackled by him.

'Gotcha!' He yelled before kissing me.
He held onto me and I looked up at him.

'Why are you here silly?' I questioned like a mouse seeking answers.

'I want to take you out, your off work today aren't you? That Elliot one isn't looking you in is he?' He joked with me.

I nodded into his chest.
'Yep I'm free. I'm all yours for the day' I whispered into the warmth of his chest.

I turned around to grab my jacket but instead, Elliot's was there. I held it in my hands looking down at it remembering how he had comforted me that previous night.
I looked up at my confused little Mark and gave him a reassuring smile.

'Don't worry it's just Elliot's' I said.
'How come you have Elliot's jacket, Zoey?' He asked looking a bit annoyed.
'He walked me home last night, and it was cold so...' I said truthfully.
I lent up and kissed him on his cheek.
'Don't look so scared, he's my boss and nothing else'

He smiled.
'Your right, so where to...?' He asked

---------
That was a weird chapter! Oh well!
Vote and comment please!

~~Leapinglilly