Chapter 3

A Dream...

A person stood outside on her porch knocking loudly, and the noise had unexpectedly woke Alicia out of her sleep.

She creeped down the stairs carefully trying not to alert the person that someone was near the door. She silently pounced off the last step and walked to the front door quietly peering into the peep hole. Strangely no one stood in front of the door and her porch was empty. Alicia walked into the living room and slightly pulled back the curtain of a window overseeing the whole front yard. The street was engorged in an orange glow lit from the lamppost in front of her house. The sky was pitch black and their porch empty of any visitors.

Alicia shrugged the event off assuming it may have been some type of ding-dong-ditch.

She turned around and walked back upstairs, passing her mother's room. She went into her room and shut the door behind her before climbing into bed. She wrapped her covers tightly around her body, making herself warm.

Alicia began to drift to sleep but as fatigue weighed her down she couldn't help but feel like the darkness was growing thicker and thicker around her...

The familiar sensation of fear she had from her when she was sparked through her, and she pulled the covers over her head hoping that the barrier would make the night less threatening. "You're acting like a child." Alicia told herself. "There is nothing to be afraid of."

Yet the feeling of fear was growing unsteadily fast as she felt it wasn't going to wear off any time soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Honey? Are you awake?"