Chapter 1

Greg's Pov

I walked down the hall of my own personal hell, aka Blackwell High School. To say I hated it there was an understatement. I despise my high school. I despise everything about it.

You see, I'm a nerd. Yeah yeah. Get all your laughs and giggles out right now. I know it's the most hilarious thing in the world. Haha they gay nerd. Oh wait...did I mention I was gay? No? Well I am. I am very much gay. No not flamboyant gay like Frankie Grande, but still very gay. I suppose you know how that plays out.

The only out gay nerd, bullied, ridiculed, tortured, you I name it its been done to me.

Okay, maybe I'm not the only gay kid in my school. I suppose I'm being a little over dramatic. My best friend, Eric is gay too. He's out and proud. He actually came out before me. He did it in 7th grade. He told me and our other best friend, Cassie first. He was super scared but we were so proud of him. He is also the reason that I came out. Him and Cassie have always been there for me. When I came out to my parents they were there and helped me when my dad walked out.

Without them I don't think I'd survive high school.

Sadly, Eric went to study abroad last year leaving Cassie and I alone to face my bullies ourselves. It wasn't that bad though I suppose. Cassie is scaring little thing. You wouldn't think she'd be able to do much, but her little 5'2 self knows all forms of torture. Plus her words can injure the toughest of men. Trust me.

"Greg!"

Speak of the devil.

I looked up just as a dark blur ran towards me and gave me the tightest hug ever. I seriously felt like I couldn't breathe.
But I laughed and hug my short best friend back.

"Hey, Cas, need air," I said breathlessly. Cassie pulled away, then she hit me in the arm. I yelped and rubbed my injured limb glaring at me best friend.

"What the fudge, Cassandra?!" I pouted, "That hurt."

"Good. That's what you get for not calling me as soon as you got back, you dick," Cassie said as she glared right back. I opened my mouth to respond but was interrupted by yet another punch in the arm.

"Ow!"

"And that's what you get for not taking me to Cali with you," Cassie said. I rolled my eyes. I went to California over the summer to visit my grandma and for some odd reason Cassie couldn't seem to let it go.

"Cas, as soon as I got back I had a lot to do. I had to unpack. Get prepared for school. Plus I was tired. Come on you know I would've called you," I pouted trying to get back on my friends good side before I bruised up before the end of the day.

Cassie rolled her eyes, but smiled and I knew I was forgiven.

"Fine. I forgive you. But only because I want to hear everything about Cali," Cassie looped her arm through mine and walked down the hall together to my locker.

Once we reached it I put my combination in and opened my mouth to talk but froze when I heard gasps and intense whispering. I looked up and behind Cassie to see four boys who practically rule the school walk in.

The Four.

Everyone in our small school knew who The Four was and if they didn't then they were living under a rock. They were by far the most popular boys in school.

First there was, Romeo Wade. The flirt. He had light brown hair that was placed in a perfect quiff and grayish blue eyes that could make everyone swoon.  He was on the muscly side too. He was also tall as hell. Rumor has it he's easily been with half the student body.

Next was, Matt Hansen. The Dangerous One. Like they all are pretty bad but, Matt was the worse. He had no control over his anger. He had light like really like blonde hair. He was almost as tall as Romeo and as muscly too. Rumor has it he broke a teachers jaw for sending him to detention. All the girls find him hot because of his dangerous act.

Next, Alec James. The Quiet One. Alec had blackish hair. He was  muscly also but more on the shorter side. He was shorter than Romeo but taller than Matt. He was seriously the quiet one. He never spoke. At least I never heard him speak. He was also the calmest out of all of the Four.

And lastly, Darren Sterling. The Leader. He was in fact the leader of The Four. He was a jerk. Or at least that's what most people say. But I had to admit he was gorgeous. Like he was the most hottest guy I have ever seen. He had short curly dark dirty blond hair. He was well built and tall. Shorter than Romeo but tall. His smirk was so hot I could literally walk up to him and kiss the shit out of him right at that moment.

"Greg. Greg," a hand waved in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts shaking my head quickly.

"Where were you?" Cassie questioned raising an eyebrow. I shook my head.

"No where. Come on let's go," I slammed my locker closed and spun around to walk to class but stopped quickly when I ran into a body built like a wall.

"Hey watch i,-" said a voice but it stopped. I looked up to see Darren Sterling and the rest of the Four.

"Well hello there," Darren said as he smirked at Cassie. I don't know why but that made a knot form in my stomach. Cassie scoffed.

"Not interested," she said quickly. Darren seemed slightly taken aback. But that didn't make his smirk falter.

"That your boyfriend?" He asked pointing at me but his eyes never leaving Cassie. I don't know why but I felt the need to tell Darren that I was very much available.

"Um no. I'm not her boyfriend. I'm not into I girls like that," I said before I could stop myself. Darren looked at me and his smirk slowly faltered.. His brown orbs stared into mine and I felt frozen in my spot.

"Then who might you be?" He asked this time his eyes never leaving mine.

"Aren't you that fag? The one, Sanders forced out sophomore year? The one who tried to.-"

"Watch what you say next, Hansen. I'm not afraid to scalp off that pretty blonde hair of yours," Cassie interrupted him with hard cold glared. I smiled softly thankful to my best friend. I hated being reminded of that...incident.

"Ooo she's a feisty one," Romeo spoke up with a sly grin on his face.

I looked back at Darren to see him going right back to staring at Cassie. I rolled my eyes, already annoyed.

Why haven't we left yet?

Darren's eyes shot right back at me. The way he was staring was making me uncomfortable so I was thankful when the bell rang.

"Well! That's us! It's been terrible bye!" I grabbed Cassie's hand and ran down the hall to homeroom.

"Greg slow down!" She shouted and I sighed doing as I was told, slowly to a stop in front of my homeroom. I panted heavily and ran a shaky hand through my hair.

"Are you okay?" Cassie asked. I nodded. Then she laughed. And she laughed and.

"Omg! Did you see the way Darren was staring at you?! I better you did you looked like you were about ready to shit your pants."

"It's not funny, Cas! I was very uncomfortable. I think he wants to kill me."

"Greg, honey. That's not an I want to kill you look. If you know what I mean," Cassie wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"I don't know. What do you mean?"

Cassie laughed and turned around to walk to her own homeroom.

"CASSANDRA! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"

Cassie looked over shoulder and winked before disappearing around a corner. I wanted to chase after her but I was already late for homeroom. I pouted and turned around walking into the classroom I sat down in the middle row.

What the hell did she mean?