Chapter 3

Greg's POV

I sat on Cassie's bed watching her apply mascara to her eyes. Her mouth was hanging open as she tried to concentrate. I was leaning against her headboard with my arms crossed across my chest.

"Jeez, Greg, stop pouting you're making too big a deal out of this," Cassie said as she closed her mascara and looked back at me.

"Me?! I'm not the one assuming the most popular guy in school has taken a sudden interest in me! Like be serious, Cas, how can Darren fricking Sterling like me?! The nerdy gay guy," I said. Cassie shrugged.

"Believe in miracles, Greg, I do!"

"That's because you're a hopeless romantic," I rolled my eyes.

"You used to be too, ya know?" Cassie said. I shot her a hard look.

"That was before. This is now," I said unable to hide the waver in my voice. I could feel the tears threatening to form but I quickly blinked them away. Cassie rushed over to me. She sat down beside me and wrapped her arms around me pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry, Greg. I didn't mean to say that. You're right. You shouldn't have to believe in love after what.-"

"Don't say his name please," I whined as I hugged my best friend back.

"Okay...do you wanna just stay here? We can watch The Vampire Diaries and gush over how hot the Salvatore brothers are," Cassie offered. I sat up and shook my head wiping any fallen tears.

"No. You got all prettied up for this. We're going. I can put on a brave face for now," I said.

''You sure?" Cassie questioned raising her eyebrows. I nodded and stood up dusting myself off.

"Yeah, now let's go before I change my mind," I said as I grabbed Cassie's hand pulling her to her feet and dragging her out of her room. We laughed as we ran out of her room and downstairs.

Darren's POV

I leant against a wall in the far corner of the house, watching as the party went on. My arms were crossed against my chest and my eyes scanned the crowd of sweaty teenagers in search of my beautiful mate.

My mate. I still can't believe I found my mate. He was so beautiful. I wanted to get to know him more. No. I needed to get to know him more.

That's when I smelt it. My mate's scent. He was here. I looked towards the door and saw him standing there with his friend looking around nervously. He seemed to also be in a very heated argument with the girl. I smiled and quickly made my way through the crowd and over to them.

"Hello there, angel eyes," I smiled at my mate. He looked at me with those blue orbs of his and I could've sworn I saw a blush creep onto his cheeks. He gave a small wave.

"Come on, Greg, I wanna dance," his friend whined. Ah so my handsomely beautiful blue eyed mate's name is Greg.

"I'm not dancing, Cassie, I already told you this."

"Why don't you go dance, Cassie? I'll keep Greg company," I said.

"Seriously? Thanks, Darren!" Cassie winked at Greg and ran off onto the dance floor.

Greg huffed and muttered "traitor" under his breath causing me to chuckle.

"Do you not dance?" I asked him, causing him to look at me.

"Oh no. I dance just not with her. She's wild," Greg said with a laugh that was music to my ears.

"Would you like to dance, angel eyes?" I looked at Greg smiling. He looked back at me his eyes wide with disbelief.