Chapter 5

"Wait? So you mean to tell me Darren Sterling actually admitted to having a crush on you?" Cassie asked me for the 100th time that day. We were currently sitting outside at our usual picnic table in the schoolyard during lunch.

"Yes, Cassie. That is exactly what I'm telling you," I told my best friend and she looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"What did he say exactly?" She questioned me, and I huffed as I dropped the fork I was using to eat what the school passed for mac and cheese.

"He said that he liked me and he wanted to get to know me more," I said honestly as I looked at my best friend.

"And what did you say? Please tell me you said yes. Because if you didn't say yes, I will personally sneak into your house in the middle of the night to bleach your hair blonde because you're a fucking idiot."

"No, Cassie. I told the hottest guy in school that I was interested and that he should go fuck himself," I rolled my eyes at my best friend, "Of course I said yes!"

"Good," Cassie said, nodding her head once, "Then what happened?"

"Then he smiled at me and he leaned towards me-."

"Did he kiss you? Oh God he kissed you didn't he?! Fucking hell! That's so cute!" Cassie squealed, and I slapped her in the arm.

"Will you shut up damn it?! And let me finish," I huffed.

"Okay well, if he didn't kiss you lie to me and say he did so that I can live vicariously through your love life," Cassie said, her tone serious as ever. I rolled my eyes at my best friend, glaring at her silently.

"He didn't kiss me, Cas," I said and Cassie groaned.

"I said lie to me, not tell me the truth," Cassie said with a small pout, "You're such a party pooper, Gregory!"

"And you're a nymphomaniac but you don't see me complaining," I rolled my eyes.

"It's not my fault I like all things boys and sex," Cassie huffed as she crossed her arms against her chest. I opened my mouth to respond, but before I could someone else spoke.

"Is that so? If that's true then luckily for you I am a boy and I like sex as well."

Cassie and I glanced up to see the Four walking towards our table. Romeo Wade was smirking at Cassie as he took the seat beside her. Alec and Matt sat down across from the seat I occupied and Darren took the seat next to me.

Cassie scoffed as she rolled her eyes, "I like sex. Not diseases, so you can keep those to yourself," she said to Romeo. I snorted at my best friends comeback, shaking my head silently.

"Ouch, babe, you wound me," Romeo said as he placed a hand against his chest, "I'll have you know I have no diseases. I'm as healthy as a horse."

"And as dumb as mule," Matt spoke up. Romeo growled as he glared at Matt.

"Shut up, you're the dumb one," Romeo huffed as he flipped Matt off.

"You're all idiots, now shut up," Darren said firmly before he glanced at me. He flashed me that grin of his that made my heart melt, "How was your day, Angel Eyes?"

"Uh, pretty good, I guess," I shrugged casually, trying to fight the blush that was threatening to form on my face, "To what do we owe this pleasure? The Four are sitting here with a bunch of lame nobodies. How come?"

"Uh, I am not a lame nobody," Cassie spoke up, "Speak for yourself, Gregory."

"Boss man here wanted to spend time with his new beau," Romeo spoke up, "And we all decided to tag along because we wanted to meet the boy who captured our buddy's heart."