Chapter 2

Darren's POV

I watched as the boy and girl ran down the hall and I watched them until they disappeared around the corner. As soon as I was in their vicinity my wolf instantly howled mate. That scent was intoxicating. I knew I found my mate. I knew it by that intoxicating scent. Sweet yet something tough. Something I couldn't place. I'm almost positive the girl is my mate. I have found my mate. The other half of my soul. I was happy knowing that my mate is out there. So I let the gay boy run with my mate knowing that I have nothing to worry about.

The gay boy...there was something about him though. His eyes,-

"Darren!"

I jumped slightly startled as I was pulled from my thoughts. I glared at my friends/pack mates.

"What?" I growled.

"We have class. We going or are we ditching?" Romeo asked raising an eyebrow.

"We're going," I said almost instantly. I wanted to see if my mate was in any of my classes. I just had to see her again.

The boys all nodded without questions. Of course they had no choice. I was future Alpha of the pack what I say goes. The only one above me was my father and our beta, my best friend Alec's dad.

We all split up. Alec had English and I history which were both in. The same direction so that's where we headed. We missed the entire room fifteen minutes of homeroom while I was lost in thought.

"You found her," Alec said quietly. I froze and I glanced at him raising an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"You found your mate," he said.

"How'd you.-"

"I just do," he said simply as he walked into English ahead of me. I shook my head an amused smile on my face. Alec has been my best friend since we were pups. We grew up together. He wasn't always the quiet thing he was today. He wasn't wild but he did use to laugh and smile. He used to be happy. Now he isn't.

He hasn't been happy since his mother was murdered by hunters on his 12th birthday. He witnessed it himself. She died protecting him. His father blames him. Alec's dad beats him. It's crazy. But Alec doesn't complain or try to stop him. We all know it's because Alec blames himself too.

I felt someone run into my back and I spun around just in time to see the gay boy stumble over his feet and trip backwards.

Before I knew it my hand shot out and wrapped around his arm. I felt a jolt of of electricity run up my arm and my heart stopped. I pulled the boy up but my eyes never left his beautiful face.

His blue eyes stared into mine. They were beautiful swirls of blue. A blue like the ocean. His hair was a dark black and it looked so soft, I instantly wanted to run my hands through it. As I admired his beauty, my heart began to rapidly against my chest and my wolf howled, mate.

"Uh...you can let me go now," the boy said. I didn't. I held onto his arm and I looked at him. He shifted from one foot to the other obviously uncomfortable and I felt my heart break slightly at causing him discomfort so I let his arm go but I didn't move away.

"Uh...thanks for not letting me fall," he said, then he pushed past me and into the classroom.

I watched him as until the door closed. And then I freaked.