Chapter 4

Greg's POV
I walk to school that following Monday morning in the rain. My car had broken down and my parents refused to give me a ride and I would not be taking the bus because of too many not so great memories. So walking it was.

And let me tell you, it sucked. I was soaked all the way down to my socks and Batman boxer shorts. The only thing that could make this morning any worse was...

"Hey there, angel eyes!"

Oh god no. I turned my head to see Darren driving at a slow pace to match my walking. He wore that ridiculously attractive smile that made me weak in the knees, and the butterflies in my stomach turn into a zoo of animals.

"Go away," I said as I turned my attention back to my feet to watch where I was walking. A part of me wished he would actually listen to me, and continue on driving. But another part of me, a much bigger part, hoped he would keep talking to me. So I could hear the sound of his voice. The voice I dreamt about all the night before.

"You need a ride?" he shouted as he continued on driving, looking at me with a single raised eyebrow.

"I can walk," I said firmly, crossing my arms against my chest as I continued on walking.

"It's down pouring. You'll catch your death if you keep walking," he said, and I clenched my jaw tightly wondering why he was still talking to me.

"I think I can handle it," I countered, "I'd rather catch a cold than be stuck in a car with you," alone, where you could probably kiss me again, and make me feel things again.

"Get in the car, Greg, or I'll put you in the car myself," Darren growled lowly as he looked at me. I studied him silently, trying to decide if he was being serious or not. The look in his eyes told me he was, and so with a huff I made my way to his car.

He grinned at me as I pulled the door open and climbed in, setting my backpack on the ground at my feet. I crossed my arms against my chest and tried to plaster on my best look of annoyance.

"You're cute when you're angry," Darren chuckled as he pulled the car off down the road towards the school.

"Bite me," I said snappily, and this just caused Darren's grin to widen as he turned his head to look at me.

"When and where?" He lifted a single eyebrow, and once again my cheeks turned an involuntary red color at his words. Why did he have to have this effect on me?

"How about never and in your dreams," I said as I glared at him. Darren smiled at me before looking back at the road.

"Don't worry, Angel Eyes. Sooner or later, you'll be begging me to bite you and I will happily oblige."

The rest of the drive was silent as I had no idea how to respond to his words. I sat glaring out the window, my arms crossed against my chest, and a frown on my face. We had arrived at the school a minute later, and Darren pulled his Jeep into a parking space.

Once we were parked, I immediately grabbed my backpack, ready to get out of there as soon as possible. My heart was doing that wild beating thing it always did when Darren was around, and it was taking every ounce of self control I had not to kiss him.

Before I could make it out of the car, however, Darren grabbed my arm, "Wait," he said, and I slowly turned in my seat to face him, "I wanted to apologize for kissing you last night."

"It's fine," I said quickly, just wanting to get out of there before I did something stupid.

"No, it's not. I don't want you think that I'm trying to force myself on you or play games with you. I want to make it up to you."

"You don't have to, really. It's fine, Darren."

"It's not. Which is why I want to make it up to you. Let me take you out. Just us, we can do whatever you want. Just...let me show you that I am serious about this."

"About what?" I asked dumbly, though I was pretty sure I knew the answer. Darren leaned closer, over the armrest and once again my heart pounded against my chest.

"About us. I like you, Greg. I want to get to know you more. Just give me a chance."

I was torn in this very moment. My brain was telling me to say no, and my heart was telling me to say yes and take the chance. I wasn't sure which part of myself to listen to, until Darren's eyes softened and he looked into mine with intense glowing brown ones.

"Okay," I said before I could stop myself. I knew I made the right decision when a dazzling smile took over the bad boy's features.
It was grin that gave him incredibly handsome boyish features, and his happiness reached his eyes making him all that more handsome.

"Okay," Darren said as he slowly leaned towards me. A part of me thought he was going to kiss me. Did I want him to kiss me? I stared at those full lips of his, they pulled into a sexy smirk and I found myself melting at the sight of it. Yep no doubt about it, I definitely want him to kiss me. God, please let him kiss me.

Instead of answering my silent prayers, Darren leaned over the armrest and he breathed lowly against my neck. I stiffened, biting my lower lip to keep from moaning. This felt way more intimate than a simple kiss. When he pulled away, his usual chocolate brown eyes were glowing mischievously, "I'll see you later, Angel Eyes," his tone was low, almost husky and that familiar smirk took over his features. My cheeks warmed as I quickly pushed open the door to his Jeep.

"Yep, see ya!" I quickly scrambled out of the vehicle, stumbling over my feet when they hit the ground. I turned to grab my bag and ran inside without looking back. Even though I couldn't see him, I imagined Darren laughed at me the entire time.

Once inside the school, I made my way straight to my locker, avoiding eye contact with everyone. My heart was pounding against my chest, and I was fighting with myself. A part of me wanted to run back to Darren, throw myself into his arms and kiss him. God, how I wanted to kiss him.

"Gregory Thompson! Where the hell were you?! I go to your house to pick you up and you're not there! What were you doing?! Did you walk here?! Why are you all wet, you walked here didn't you?! And why the hell does your face look like a ripe tomato?" Cassie questioned as she marched her way towards my locker.

I heard someone chuckle from across the hall, and I turned my attention over in the direction. Darren was leaning against a locker, surrounded by the rest of his friends, and a smirk was his face as he looked at me. He winked at I felt my cheeks heat up even more as I turned to look at my best friend.

"Cas..." Cassie stopped speaking to look at me, her face softened as she saw how messed up I really seemed to be, "I'm so screwed," I groaned as I banged my head against my locker.