Chapter One

TM Garage

I pulled into the parking lot of my new job and instantly was unsure if this was a good idea to even come back to this place. Just last weekend, I was kicked out by the man of my dreams, and I completely lost the little dignity that remained within' me.

I look around at the small compound. A garage and office stood together on the right side of the lot, while a line of parking spots, that will soon be filled with motorcycles. The motorcycles divide the clubhouse from the garage.

And although I hate to admit it, I honestly don't want to be here. After what had taken place here last Saturday, I wasn't so sure my presence was welcome here. But, early this morning, Gemma told me, she wanted me here by 7: 30. Because, she said she wanted to give me enough time to train with her. Even though, she said I was beyond experience for the job.

Growing up, my dad forced me to work in his mechanics shop. He made me take orders and order new parts. Did I enjoy working for my dad? Hell no. I did it because, I had no choice and working in a mechanics shop would make finding a job easy until I finished college.

I decided to apply to a college in Charming that provided a incredible computer science program. Only problem was, there was only one mechanics shop in this whole god damn town. And It belonged to the Sons of Anarchy. A motorcycle club that I never heard until moving here.

Now, here I stood, standing at the place I wanted to be forever away from. But, I needed the job and I had to finish school. So, I had to get over that bullshit that happened, and just avoid him at all cost. That shouldn't be too hard. Right?

I took a deep breath before jumping out of my car, squeezing my keys in my hand. I kept my head down and practically ran to the office door. Before walking in, I knocked. Gemma looked up from her computer and looked at me.

"You must be Hayley." She says looking at me up and down.

I shifted side to side before shaking my head yes. She raised a eyebrow at me.

"You gonna stand there out all day or are you gonna get your ass in the office?"

I took a deep breath and walked into the small office. I took in the view before glancing back at Gemma.

"You ever gonna speak or?"

I chuckled at her.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous is all." And in all honesty, I was nervous-- no correction, I was petrified. I was frightened, that any minute now, Happy could walk right in this room and do something that will have me burying my problems in a great deal of liquor.

Gemma smiled at me. "It's okay sweetheart. Come over here, and I'll tell ya what you gotta do and then I'll be gone."

And she did just that. She quickly explained everything to me before she left because she had 'Business to take care of'. She left me in the office and I began working on everything with absolutely no distractions. It was quiet and peaceful, absolutely no noise. I was enjoying it. Up until the sound of roaring motorcycles filled the lot. I looked out the office door and see multiple motorcycles pull into the lot. Without thinking twice, I walked over to the office door and shut it before returning back to my seat and finishing my work, when I heard the door swung open.

I never took my eyes off the computer, I just continued typing. I figured if they needed something, they could grab whatever it was. I didn't look at them until one spoke.

"Who are you?" I looked up at the man that stood in the doorway. He had blonde hair and stunning blue eyes. His blonde beard curled around his face, as he stared at me with hard eyes.