Chapter Four

Happy and I arrived back at the compound. There was loud music and people standing in a crowd outside. It looked like everyone was partying. I looked out the window and shook my head. The ride back with Happy was extremely quiet. I didn't have much to say and he didn't pester me to talk. So we sat in silence and listened to David Bowie play on the radio. I enjoyed Bowie and Happy didn't seem to mind too much with him playing. Happy parked the truck. We got out and immediately took in the scene. The club was laughing and talking with beers in their hands. The prospects Half Sac and the bald guy Juice were in the boxing ring. Two women were standing on the picnic table stripping to Marilyn Manson's sweet dreams. The club was cheering them on. I stood beside my truck and stared at the scene. I thought it was going to be a small group of people, I hadn't anticipated this crowd. I glanced over at Happy and noticed he had already started to walk towards everyone. Jax greeted him with a half hug and passed him a beer. Happy looked back at me and motioned for me to join them. I left my bags in the truck and approached them. 

Happy passed me a beer and I gladly took it. I opened it and slowly sipped it. I took in the scene in front of me. The old gentleman named Bobby looked completely wasted. He sat on one of the benches and watched the dancing women. The red head with a cropped shirt and mini skirt got off the table and began giving him a lap dance. He laughed and the club joined in. The red head began shoving her boobs in Bobby's face. He laughed and waved his hands up in excitement. I tried to hold back a gag. Jax, Opie and Happy were standing off towards the entrance of the club house. They were laughing and talking. I noticed Happy scanning the crowd and looking over at me occasionally before returning back to his conversation with the guys. Their president Clay and Gemma stood beside the ring. Clay embraced Gemma as he yelled at Juice to beat Half Sac. Apparently Clay had betted $1200 on Juice and didn't want to lose it. Juice ensured him he had it in the bag. I chuckled softly. Juice had no idea what he was getting into. The first night I ever came here Half sac was in the ring with a man I didn't know. It only lasted a few seconds. Half sac had punched him and broke his nose. Every now and then when he comes into the office to talk to me we mention the fights he does. He says he does it to toughen him up and it made sense. He was 5'7, scrawny as can be and had a very soft demeanor. Other members of the club had scars, tattoos or was at least remotely buff. Half sac was like a shrimp compared to everyone else. He was tiny. He didn't look as rough as the other guys but I enjoyed that about him. He was nice. He would always come chat with me randomly throughout my shifts. I enjoyed his presence and his personality. 

Half sac was wrapping his hands to get ready for him fight when he looked up and noticed me. His face broke out in a smile. He motioned for me to go to the ring. I smiled back at him and walked up to the ring. 

"How's it going?" I asked as I eyed his outfit. He was wearing cut off jean shorts and a dirty white muscle shirt. His slightly curly hair looked disheveled and he was pushing it out of his face. He was cute. Plus he was funny. 

"Nice outfit!" I  said sarcastically and laughed. Half sac looked down at his outfit. 

"Oh this old thing?" He pointed to his clothes before meeting my eyes. "Yeah, I had it sitting in the back of closet for quite some time. I've been waiting for the perfect moment to bring it out ya know?" He asked smiling. I smiled back. 

"You really think this is the right time to use such a perfect outfit?" I asked motioning to the big crowd of drunk people dancing and laughing. 

"Sure!" he explained enthusiastically, "perfect time as any!" 

"Well, I'm glad to hear that for you!" I say taking a sip of my beer. I looked over at Juice. He was on the opposite of the ring talking to the Irish man about something. The Irish was helping him wrap his hands. Juice was intimidating to me. He was tattoos on his head. He was somewhat short and awkward. He wasn't extremely buff but he was definitely more toned than Half Sac by a long shot. Maybe Juice was going to kick this kids ass.