Chapter 10: A Walk to Remember

No mercy for what we are doing
No thought to even what we have done
We don't need to feel the sorrow
No remorse for the helpless one

The next morning the twins bickered for the better part of an hour on whether or not Edward would finally tell Kayla the truth. Kol didn't believe the Cold-One would admit anything, while his sister was confident that her 'great acting skills' would make the boy tell her his deepest darkest secrets. So in true Mikaelson fashion, they decided to bet on it.

When they arrived at school, Kayla managed to get Edward's attention - which in truth wasn't very difficult seeing as he was basically stalking her - and headed towards the forest, not forgetting to shoot a smug smirk in Kol's direction.

After walking for a few minutes, she knew no one would be able to hear them. She crossed her arms over her chest and started talking, knowing he was right behind her, trying to be discreet. "You're impossibly fast. And strong. Your skin is pale-white, ice-cold. Your eyes change color. And sometimes you speak like you're from a different time." She listed off turning to face him, "You never eat food, or drink, or come out in the sunlight. And you said no to the beach trip only after you heard where it was. Because of the treaty." She then added what she really wanted to know, ignoring his shocked face after hearing that she knew why he couldn't go to LaPush, "How old are you?"

"Seventeen." He answered without missing a beat.

She scoffed at him, hoping Kol wouldn't win the bet since he wouldn't let it go for about two decades, "How long have you been seventeen?" She reformulated her question.

He hesitated, "...A while." He finally said. In her mind, that meant he was admitting it, so that also meant she won the bet.

She stared at him, her brown eyes piercing his unnatural ones, "I know you're a Cold-One." She announced, getting to the point.

"Are you scared?" Was his only question

"No." After being alive - more like dead-ish - for over a thousand years, a lot is needed to truly scare her and this pathetic race of Cold-Ones was most definitely not one of them.

He seemed to grow angry at her nonchalant answer, "Then ask me the most basic question: what do we eat?" He attempted to growl out.

"Blood." She said like it didn't effect her, which really didn't. If it did she would be like Finn, a vampire resenting their own existence. And after only a few minutes of talking to Edward, she knew he was just like her eldest sibling. Though he is probable less suicidal seeing as killing a Cold-One is immensely easier than killing an Original - who in reality can't die.

He glared at her, her easy dismissal of what he thought was the worst aspect of his nature unsettling him. In his eyes she was 'pure' and he wouldn't blemish her soul, he didn't want her to get too close to him, but the moment he followed her into these woods, he knew he couldn't stay away. He grabbed her hand and started to walk deeper into the forest.

"Where are you taking me? My brother is waiting for me." She ripped her hand out of his hold.

"Are you afraid?" He asked again, mentally praying that she said 'yes'.

Unfortunately for him, the twins were the most stubborn-headed beings you would come across, "No." She looked him in the eyes holding his challenging gaze.

"Then come with me. Someplace where no one can protect you. Where I could do what I've wanted to do from the first moment I met you." He leaned into her personal space, clearly trying to scare her, but she didn't even blink.

"I'm not afraid." She stated simply, getting slightly annoyed at the repetition.

His eyes darkened slightly, "You should be." He said before picking her up and flinging her onto his back, briefly telling her to hold on before leaving in what a human would perceive as super speed. But the woman he is currently carrying is an Original who could run circles around him, so that effect was dulled greatly.