Chapter 11: Meeting the Family

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul to waste

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

There were very few things Kol outright refused to do. But getting in that shiny little Volvo with the Cold-One that had taken to stalk his twin was one of them.

"Listen, you seem like a nice lad, mate, but I don't like you." Kol tried to 'reason' with the offended Cold-One, "I am not, in under any circumstances getting in that car so I'll follow you on my bike. With my sister." He declared whisking Kayla away before Edward could object.

A few minutes later―it would have been a lot longer if not for their slightly reckless driving―, they were pulling up to a big house. Though it was far smaller than what the Mikaelsons were used to given the typical lavish mansion they resided in throughout the centuries. The Cullen house was entirely covered in windows and it's modern feel was completely ruining the breath-taking scenery surrounding the house. The two Originals could hear wildlife further out, but none of the creatures were dumb enough to stay in the vicinity of the Cullen's.

Kayla schooled her features to a look of surprise, "It's...wonderful." She lied without missing a beat.

"You expected turrets, dungeons and moats?" The youngest of the three joked.

She shared a look with her twin, remembering the castles they had lived in. "No... not moats." Kol said dryly. Kayla held in a snort at her twin's usual bluntness.

The trio headed inside, the two eldest were blinded by all the white.

When Kayla saw Kol open his mouth to say something she quickly elbowed him in the gut stopping his more-than-likely rude comment. He groaned in pain clutching his stomach with a hand. "I think you broke a rib, sister." He said, faking most of his pain, making her roll her brown eyes at his dramatics.

"Brother dearest, you're fine. Stop complaining." She said plainly, glaring halfheartedly.

He huffed "I was just going to comment on how light and open the space was, Lala." He said, though his sister didn't believe him for one second.

The Cold-One, not understanding that it was a complete lie, spoke "Thanks to tinted windows... It's the one place we never have to hide." He explained.

Some clanging noise came from the kitchen, making Edward shake his head, "I told them not to do this." They entered the new kitchen to see Carlisle, Esme, Emmett and Rosalie cooking a huge meal. Do they know they can't eat?, Kayla thought sarcastically.

"Bella, Rio. We're making italiano for you." She said with a bright smile.

"This is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes." Edward pitched in.

"Bongiorno." Kayla greeted in fluent Italian. (means 'good day' in Italian)

They all seemed taken aback a bit at her speaking another language, "Molto bene!" Esme exclaimed with a bright smile. ('very good' in Italian)

"You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time." Carlisle added in his usual diplomatic tone.

"I hope you're hungry." Esme told them.

Kayla smiled back at them "Oh absolutely-" She was cut off by Edward.

"She already ate." Kayla's blood boiled, if there was one thing she didn't like it was disrespect and Kol was no better.

"That was rude." Kol muttered under his breath knowing they could all hear perfectly, making them turn to him. "You know Eddie-" Kol started.

"It's Edward." Said man interrupted tensely.