Chapter 2: Sabotage

Sora knocked on the red-haired girl's door, holding a tray of food in her other hand. "Pardon me," she said, sliding the door open. Looking up, she saw the girl was conscious, staring blankly around the room. She had pretty purple eyes.

"Oh, good, you're awake." Sora placed the girl's meal next to her futon, kneeling beside her. Holding a hand to her forehead, Sora compared her temperature to the girl's. But, suddenly, as soon as she made contact with her, a flash of images appeared in Sora's mind.

They were miscellaneous and in no order. They were of her in battle, petting a dragon's head, using the bow and arrow, slaying a man in armor; what did these mean? All different pieces of her past were being restored to her memory, just in the snap of a finger. Why now? Why when she touched this girl? There were so many moments coming back to her, but what were the stories behind them? What caused her to go to war? Had she really killed that many people? Why was she bending fire? How was she bending fire? And was that lightning controlled by her? There were still so many unanswered questions.

In an instant, Sora was back in the room again. The red-headed girl was staring at her in confusion. "Is everything okay?" she inquired.

Trying to shake it off, but unable to, she placed both hands back in her lap. She was sweating, her hands were shaking, too. Breathe, Sora, breathe...

She released a choppy breath, staring down at her clammy fists. "I-I'm fine," she tried to convince, putting a fake smile on her face. She coughed, moistening her dry throat. "Well, the good thing is your fever's gone down." Reaching down, Sora grabbed the bowl of food for the girl and offered it to her. "Be sure to eat lots of food, and get well soon. It seems General Hak is pretty worried about you."

"It smells good," she commented, holding the spoon up to her lips.

Sora smiled. "I hope so, I made it. Please tell me what you think."

At the first spoonful, she instantly froze. Tears pooled in her eyes, making Sora laugh nervously. She sweatdropped, "I-It doesn't taste that bad, does it?"

The girl smiled, looking up at Sora with glossy eyes. She shook her head, responding, "It's so warm."

Sora gave her a weird look but still smiled. "You're smiling 'cause it's warm? You sure are a strange one," she commented, but then recalled the images she received just moments before. "But, then again, maybe I can't say anything..." she mumbled.

"It made me remember my father," the girl explained. At this, Sora looked up at her with sympathetic eyes. She wiped away her tears with her thumb, cupping the girl's cheeks with her hand.

"Hey, everything's gonna be all right." Sora offered a smile, encouragingly nodding her head. She removed her hand, folding them together. "My name's Sora. I'm a part-time resident of the Wind Tribe," she introduced.

"Part-time?" the red-head chuckled, wiping away the remaining tears.

Sora scratched the back of her head, telling, "I guess you could call me a nomad. I don't really know where I belong." Literally... She shook this off. "Anyway, are you Hak's friend? He seemed awful worried about you."

The girl seemed to hesitate, concentrating on her hands. "Probably..." she drifted off.

"You're probably friends!?" Tae-Woo and Han-Dae slammed the doors open, shocking the two girls inside.

"That's awful. Even if you can't be lovers..."

"You might not even be friends? So he's totally out!" Han-Dae finished Tae-Woo's thoughts, covering his tearful face with a hand. "Poor Lord Hak! His feelings aren't returned -"