Chapter 4: Retreat

"Aim for the princess!"

Yona turned around, eyes widened in fear. She expected to see an arrow lodged into her forehead, but instead saw Sora leaning over her body. Blood splattered everywhere and Sora grunted in pain, the butt of the arrow sticking out from her shoulder blade.

Standing up, Yona placed her hands on Sora's arms. "Sora! Are you okay?" she asked in worry, staring up at Sora's tightly shut eyes.

She ripped the arrow out of her flesh like one would rip off a band aid: quickly and fiercly. She looked at Yona with a reassuring, though crooked, smile. "I'm fine, I'm fine," she groaned, picking the princess up in her arms. With a strong throw she tossed her at Hak, catching up with, "But you won't be if you don't get out of here!"

With ease, Hak caught the screaming princess. He didn't hesitate to leave Sora behind, lunging himself and Yona up to the next rock platform. He glanced at Sora with worry before taking off, but shook off the doubt knowing that he would come back to help.

Standing up, watching them get away safely, Sora turned back to face her rivals. Holding up her weapon, she pulled back three arrows on the right side of the bow and shot them individually. She struck down a whole group of fighters like this, a single act of repetition taking out at least a fifth of the army. Even after she had run out of her own arrows she continued to fight.

Seeing as there were no spare arrows around, she went back to fighting one-on-one. "If I can't shoot 'em, might as well punch 'em!" she shouted, an evil smirk on her face as she socked one of the soldiers straight in the mouth.

"On your right! On your right!" Ryuu shouted in fright, eyes focused on a man coming straight toward her.

"Thanks, buddy!" She grinned, swiveling on her heel. Kicking the sword out of his hand and up in the air, she grabbed it before it could fall and threw it to her left. The tip flew straight into another man's shoulder, knocking him out. Pointing her attention back to the man in front of her, she grabbed him in a headlock and quickly slammed him with a knee kick.

Looking up, she noticed she was surrounded. However, she still smirked. "Well, I tried out my fire skills, already. Ryuu, should I test out some lightning?" she asked, cocking a brow at her reptile friend.

"Let's go kick some honeybuns!" he wailed, jumping off her shoulders.

The two of them initiated combat. It was a good thing most of the warriors were stunned at the fact Ryuu was a live and talking dragon, which paralyzed them for a solid five seconds. With this upper hand, he was able to snatch up their weapons and throw them off the side of the cliff. Now that their defenses were gone, Sora moved into action.

She rubbed her hands together, feeling an electrical surge shock her body. It didn't hurt like you'd expect it to. It was like a power surge; her whole body was ignited with a newfound energy. Spreading her palms apart, Sora pointed her index and middle fingers up on both hands and shot the lightning out from her appendages. The bolts of energy effectively hit the soldiers in front of her. Their bodies racked with electricity, spazzing in place until collapsing to the ground. She struck each of her opponents down this way, the rush of adrenaline and power coursing through her body. Sora felt like a god.

It looks like the more adrenaline I have, the stronger my powers become, Sora thought, striking another opponent. Once they were all taken down, groans and gasps parting their lips, a silence fell over the area. That was until she heard multiple footsteps approaching. More soldiers...

Holding her right palm up to the sky, a hot little fireball appeared in the curve of her fingers. Spinning around and launching her arm forward, Sora threw the best pitch she'd ever made and watched as the fireball grew bigger and bigger the further it went. However, she didn't realize Hak had been right in the line of fire. Her eyes widened, the realization of her error causing her body to go stiff. "Hak, watch out!"